Poor Service
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a complaint about poor 4G LTE in Roscommon, MI zip code 48653. I have mostly been getting 3G, 1x, and no signal at all. Nothing on the internet works at those speeds and is extremely frustrating. As this is a touristy area, we have an influx of summer visitors and I think they are using a majority of the bandwidth. That said, I feel the towers in this area should be upgraded to accomodate the extra traffic. Sick of YouTube or web browsing not loading in. I am paying for a service that is hardly usable!!

0 Likes
Re: Poor Service
bearone21
Legend

you choose to live in a touristy area that isn't going to have the same coverage with cell towers as a major city.

some of those tourists probably come there not planning on using their phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yooper24, we're sorry to hear you're having trouble with the data service, especially when you're in a tourist area. We want to be sure you get the service you deserve, so let's gather more information to help find a resolution. Do you notice the 3G, 1X, no signal only during the tourist season? Also, is this happening indoors, outdoors or both? Lastly, is anyone else having the same trouble?

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Largely, yes, that is correct. It happens both indoors and outdoors. Even my co-workers have complained about this happening to them so I know it's just not me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. How is the service when it's not tourist season?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
YOOPER24
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is much improved in the non tourist season.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello YOOPER24, 

I appreciate the additional information. Please keep in mind that the Internet is a shared resource. If there is an influx of users at a certain time (or a weekend, for example), then the experience may be different. Please check out the following video that shows different factors that impact your wireless signal: http://spr.ly/6601EIC5t I would also recommend using a WiFi connection when possible. Does this information provide you with clarity? 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes