Poor 4G connection speeds in Olympia Wa
Nathanlb13

I just switched from sprint to verizon and have the unlimited plan. I have noticed that my speeds are not even close to what I had with sprint. Im downloading at around 1.2Mbps in the capital of Olympia washington. Downloads of 300Mbs used to take seconds with sprint now take 5 to 10 mins with verizon. I feel this is a huge difference and really not worth the move to Verizon. What's going on? I see lots of reports of this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor 4G connection speeds in Olympia Wa
Nathanlb13

Just tested Verizon Wireless in Downtown, Olympia, WA, USA: 409kbps download, 701kbps upload, 72ms ping. Validated by http://opensignal.com

0 Likes
Nathanlb13

I'm in Portland Oregon for RCCC and the speeds here are much better around 30Mbps up and down. Not sure why in the Capital city if Wa where we use Verizon as our provider I'm getting terrible service

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

Nathanlb13, we feel your need for speed and definitely want to make sure that you're getting the best quality of speeds that you deserve. At this time, we don't have any alerts for the area. May we ask what zip code you're located at while in Olympia and experiencing these issues? Do you know any Verizon users in this particular location that have noticed the same experience with their speeds as well? When you are experiencing these slower speeds, is this something that occurs while you're outdoors, indoors, or both? We really appreciate you providing us with all the additional details so we can help narrow down the root cause and get to the bottom of this for you.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Nathanlb13

I have very slow speeds in the area of 98501 both indoors and out. I have not had the chance to ask anyone else about their experience. From the hours of 8am to 5pm. I was just in Portland and ran many speed tests and always got above 20Mbps up and down. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help you Nathanlb13. We do not see any outages in that area. What is the make/model of your device? How far do you have to go from that area for it to get better? Is your voice services working fine?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nathanlb13

I have a Galaxy Note 8, I get better speeds just outside a few miles but nothing like the speeds I got in Portland Oregon of 30Mbps up and down. I work for the state and we use Verizon but I can't get a decent connection in the capital? But had zero issues with sprint here.

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Nathanlb13​, I also know how important it is to be able to use your mobile data while at work. Do you only experience the slow data speeds while inside the building? Are you having any issues when using your voice services? 

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
Nathanlb13

It is both indoors and outdoors around my office buildings. My voice service seems to be fine I have not been disconnected but the signal is not the strongest

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to always have the best wireless service possible everywhere, Nathanlb13. In review of your previous messages I see that you get much better speeds in other locations. Sounds like some factors outside of our control (structural interference, foliage, network congestion, etc.) may be the culprit for the speeds you experience in and around your office building (see more at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ ). We can take a closer look if we access your account and run diagnostics on your phone from our end. Please reply to a direct message that I just sent you and we’ll be able to access your phone from our end and assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes