Re: Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
c1823a

Hello, new to the forum but I had the same WMC2002 error message today.  After rebooting the computer and still getting the same error, I opened VZAccess Manager again and clicked the "Detect Device" button at the top right of the window.  I then instructed it to scan for all devices (or something like that, don't remember exactly what it said but it was obvious and simple).  After that it connects fine and I don't seem to be having any problems.

I don't know if this will help everyone but maybe there are a few out there like me and it will correct your issue.

Regards.

0 Likes
pompdcop

Pls let me know if you find an effective remedy for your problem.  It appears that I am having the same problem, despite having uninstalled and re-installed drivers, forced reset of sim card...nothing seems to work.  The problem has grown steadily worse over the course of several weeks.  Suspect problem with drivers, but unsure how to troubleshoot or isolate the problem.  Continue to get a "network cable unplugged" msg on attempting to connect, followed immediately by the VZW WMC2002 error code.  Would appreciate any advice...

Jim

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're using Windows 7, then I recommend not even using Verizon Access Manager and instead using the new "Windows 7 Mobile Broadband" feature.

First, you'll need to install the latest version of Verizon Access Manager and the latest firmware update for the UML290 (.248). Then, after these are installed, reboot your computer.  After that, you won't ever have to launch Verizon Access Manager to connect to the Verizon data network. Instead, the Verizon data network will appear in your list of "Available Networks" in Windows, just like it would if it were a regular WiFi network. To connect, just select the Verizon data network and click "Connect."  (You can even have Windows connect automatically, if desired.)

I've found this feature to be much less buggy than Verizon Access Manager.  The main requirement, however, is Windows 7.

0 Likes
CitYteCh81003

Hi - I just received 2 of these USB modems for some laptops I am working on. I changed them both to 3G. One of them seems to work great. The other I keep getting the wmc2002 error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.  I have tried the hard SIM reset by taking the SIM card out for 30 sec. and I am still getting the error.

The only thing I haven't tried is updating the firmware, It seems like there were mixed responses to that attempt in that some it fixed and some made things worse.

Any assistance would be awesome.

0 Likes