Pantech UML 290 Disconnects and the new VZAM 7.6.3.1(2642J) and firmware
inmyprime

My pantech uml 290 4g modem experienced constant disconnects as it tried to switch between 4g/3g/1x (I am in a relatively weak 3g area), until I applied this fix found in this forum:  “The solution is open Access Manager enter Ctrl d, enter password diagvzw, go to settings and select HDR-- it is factory set to Global”. I've been connected for days without constantly disconnecting as before because 3G is locked.

Now that the new vzam and firmware(2642j)  is out, I ask those of you that have had similar  disconnect problems: 

1.  have you installed the new vzam and firmware and has it solved the disconnect problems for you? The reason I ask is I do not have a copy of the previous update (7.6.3.1-2642d) so I cannot go back to my current setup that works pretty well with 3g locked if the new vzam update does not work.  I checked the vzam.net and the old 2642d is not listed as a download.

2. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the old version 2642d?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML 290 Disconnects and the new VZAM 7.6.3.1(2642J) and firmware
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

What about the disc that came with your device? Which version is it?

Glad to hear your working much better like myself, but I did not have to adjust any settings.

0 Likes
inmyprime
0 Likes
inmyprime

thanks...disk is too old.  maybe someone will help me find a 2642d vzam,

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I have not upgraded to the latest version on one of my laptops. I will look and see if I can make a copy of it somehow.

0 Likes
Swingray60

It is Version 7.6.0.0 I have no Idea what the Firmware the UML290 came with or what 7.6.0.0. upgraded it to. I do remember that it updated as soon  as I installed the software and connected.

I do know the new upgrades worked great for a couple of hours when I installed it but now I am having the same of connect/disconnect issues with the evdo locked down.

I do happen to have that file but I have no Idea of how to get it to you it is 45 Meg.

I do not want to have to setup anything.

Thanks,

Hank

0 Likes
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

As far I know, there is no difference in the VZAM for these builds if they have the same version numbers e.g. 7.6.3.x .   The build numbers relate to "packages"  that combine a driver version with the VZAM software.  As I mentioned in another thread,   I don't thing it's that great an idea to create the combo packages which may have 'hidden" updates to VZAM combined with a random driver for  older or newer hardware.  If you are interested,  see my rant on this.  :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
usher

I've had nothing but problems since upgrading the firmware on my PanTech UML290.

It's frustrating in that it was working so well with the "first firmware update" that was released around 31 January 2011.  This one is garbage - basically getting the same issue I had with the "broken" device where after ~10 minutes or so it would constrain data to zero and "look" like it was still connected.

Anyone know of a way to flash back to the 'd' version and where to download the binary for VZAM?

0 Likes