Number of connections
apefist
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the maximum number of connections set to 2. Why do I see 3 connections frequently?

And how can someone with 5 GB of bandwidth burn through half of their bandwidth in a couple of days? The salesman who sold this to us said he watches videos on his all the time and never goes over. We can't even watch Youtube videos and if a site has a simple html version or view, I'm hitting those all the time. But there has to be something screwy with the rate of data passing through this device. Last month, we WERE watching you tube and downloading stuff and didn't come to half our bandwidth used until we had it for 2 weeks, which makes sense. This month, we're being all careful and boom, 2 days in we're halfway gone? There is a discrepancy here that looks fishy in the eyes of a consumer.

Perusing the posts throughout this forum gives me a bad feeling about how Verizon deals with its customers. I hope that's just a misread I made.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Number of connections
Not applicable

on a jetpack or mi-fi 5 GB is nothing. Streaming Netflix can use 2.3 GB an HOUR. Even streaming YouTube in HD can use 1 or 2 GB per hour. I'm not sure why people think 5 GB is a lot for a regular internet connection. it's not. That why people should be using cable or DSL or fiber for internet

Re: Number of connections
apefist
Enthusiast - Level 1

no, i think you're right. but when we questioned that very point to the sales guy, that's when he said he has 5 gb and watches hulu but never goes over. i think we might be done with this little hotspot money black hole.

0 Likes