No Internet Connection
csnj80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in NJ and have a Galaxy S4 and earlier in the evening I noticed when trying to download an app from the Google Play Store the WiFi came on. I thought I had set it to download apps when my WiFi was available and thought nothing else of it.  I turned of the Wi-Fi and when trying to access the Internet (google.com)  , I am getting an error message that there is a DNS Error, Firewall Blocking Access, or no Internet Connectivity Available. When I tried using Chrome, the Wi-Fi turned back on and I was able to connect. I have 4 bars but am not seeing the 4G LTE, 3G, or 1X logo next to the bars.  I can send texts and make calls without a problem, but my Internet service is not working on my phone for at least the past 4 hours. (With the Wi-Fi off I am able to receive Gmail).

Similar type of issue occurred last Friday afternoon, my phone could not connect to the Internet (same Error message), but it did not try to turn on the Wi-Fi.  At first I thought it was because there were scattered power outages but after some time it started working again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Internet Connection
Not applicable

Not sure if you did a phone update recently but if you did that update to the phone may be causing the problem.

Now first thing I would do is check the connection settings on the phone. Make sure its set to auto connect to your wifi network.

Now if that is ok, I would turn off your modem, wireless router,cell phone, and any other device connected to your home wifi. turn the modem on after a few minutes and let it boot up completely, then do the same for the wireless router, your phone,and the rest of the devices on your home network. See if that fixes your connection situation.

You might also check for a firmware update for the router and your modem. Its always good to be up to date.

Also set the phone to only update over wifi and not cellular data. it will save you money in the long haul.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not sure if you did a phone update recently but if you did that update to the phone may be causing the problem.

Now first thing I would do is check the connection settings on the phone. Make sure its set to auto connect to your wifi network.

Now if that is ok, I would turn off your modem, wireless router,cell phone, and any other device connected to your home wifi. turn the modem on after a few minutes and let it boot up completely, then do the same for the wireless router, your phone,and the rest of the devices on your home network. See if that fixes your connection situation.

You might also check for a firmware update for the router and your modem. Its always good to be up to date.

Also set the phone to only update over wifi and not cellular data. it will save you money in the long haul.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having internet access very important csnj. I can understand why you are upset but we can help. Lets try safe mode to ensure no apps  on your phone are causing functionality issues. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1dyR8dX .Have you tried to reset the phone http://vz.to/176v3fz . Please keep us posted after safe mode.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes