No 4g, barely any 3g in area
Zircrom

Hi,

I'm getting no 4g connectivity and barely any 3g connectivity next to my work as well as nearly all of a nearby town.

My work is near [removed] 02062 with the nearest major intersection being [removed]  The town of [removed] (02090) also has very spotty coverage.

Some stats from my phone:

Which device do you have? Samsung Note 3

What specific issues are you experiencing? Weak signal -90 dBm 2 ASU, Network Type: eHRPD

When did the problem begin? Consistent for the area.

Thanks!

Side note, I do not have twitter.

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4g, barely any 3g in area
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Based on the map your work isn't located near a major city. 4G LTE is a bonus if you can tap in, not a Verizon guarantee.

I also see you are located near an airport. Interference and location play a part in your signal. Do you get a better signal outside of your work area? 

0 Likes
Zircrom

Then why does the coverage map  (Coverage Locator) show that I should be getting 4g when I check the 4g LTE data radio button?

As far as outside the work area, it's inconsistent.  Some days I get 3-4 bars of 4g, others I'm barely able to get 2 bars of 3g.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I see what you mean, based on the map you'd think you'd have have an unlimited supply of 4G LTE. If you read below the map you'll see this:

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
Share Everything, Nationwide Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

* Access the 4G LTE network within the Coverage Area.

** Access the 4G LTE network within the Verizon Extended Coverage Area; certain conditions may cause your service to connect to 3G in this Area. Some of the Coverage Areas include networks run by other carriers, the coverage depicted is based on their information and public sources, and we cannot ensure its accuracy.

You may have access to it, but it doesn't guarantee it.

Is the inconsistent coverage a new development or has it been on going? Are you able to converse with co-workers who also have Verizon to see if they are experiencing the same problem? Your phone is unlikely the cause of the issue, it's just simply that there aren't enough towers, or you might be taping into another carriers.

If other Verizon customers experience the same problems, you can rule out your phone, if they have an array of phones and constant 4G LTE service then the phone might be the issue; which is much easier to fix than building a tower.

0 Likes
Zircrom

It's been like this since 4g was first rolled out to the area.

As far as talking to coworkers, it depends upon where they are in and around the building what they are getting for signals but most are on other networks.  I just wish it was consistent with the upcoming VoLTE only phones.

0 Likes
Zircrom

Alright.  It looks like it is due to the hardware radio based on the following threads.  Others in and around the building do suffer from reduced signal but not enough that it drops from 4g to 3g.

Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception

NOTE 3 has horrible service.

0 Likes