Moving from 3G to 4G, two questions
aequitasmurphy

I currently have a Droid X, and I just ordered a used Droid Bionic that will be here tomorrow. I just had a few questions. When I call to have my account switched from 3G to 4G will this extend my contract? I've heard it doesn't but I want to make sure.

Also the phone will not come with a SIM card for obvious reasons, so do I go in to the store to get one, or is there somewhere online I can get it? Also how much does it cost?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

-Nick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving from 3G to 4G, two questions
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you didn't order the new phone through a retailer with a contract price then yes, you will have a contract extention.

If you ordered it through a person (craigslist, ebay, etc) then no. It's just a device change.

I believe you can get the SIM from a corporate Verizon store for free. I've heard third party stores (Best Buy, Radioshack, etc) does charge.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you didn't order the new phone through a retailer with a contract price then yes, you will have a contract extention.

If you ordered it through a person (craigslist, ebay, etc) then no. It's just a device change.

I believe you can get the SIM from a corporate Verizon store for free. I've heard third party stores (Best Buy, Radioshack, etc) does charge.

0 Likes
aequitasmurphy

Thank you for your fast response, really helped me out.

0 Likes