MiFi 4510L change network name, password
sh42

I love this my latest new toy but I can't change the network name and password of my MiFi hotspot! I have looked on "how to" web pages and am I get stuck on the part where I am supposed to type my IP address in my browser bar and then log in. :manmad: Anybody have suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L change network name, password
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

Making changes to your SSID and password are pretty simple once you sign into your MiFi.  Both options can be found under the WiFi Tab.  Use the password of "admin" to complete the sign in process.

To change the Wireless Password:

1. Power on the MiFi

2. Establish a wireless connection by typing in the old password

3. Navigate to http://mifi.admin

4. Enter "admin" in the textbox in the upper right hand corner

5. Click the Login button

6. Click the WiFi tab

7. Change your Network Key from the default password to a new password

a. Depending on the security level there will be minimum requirements for password strength

8. Click Apply

Let us know if you need more help.

0 Likes
HTU

How do you change the network name for this device?  Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Network Name = SSID

See steps from above.  A SSID is broadcasted to the world and helps you distinguish your MiFi from every other wireless device in range.  The SSID can be found under the WiFi tab of the Mifi.admin webpage. 

0 Likes
irritated_consumer

MiFi admin tells me I'm not authorized to view this page. So How can I fix the problem. I want to block other computers that shouldn't be using it.

0 Likes