Re: Major LTE Problems in D.C.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your 4G LTE tdme! What is your zip code? What make and model device are you using? What type of location is this? Inside your home or workplace? Have you attempted to report your concerns to us via another support channel? I'm sorry tickets can't be submitted online.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow. Did you even read the proceeding posts on this thread? ALL of this

information has been provided, there IS a ticket already in place (which I

am apparently NOT allowed to refer to in the thread).

This is NOT a device problem as it is, as displayed IN THIS THREAD,

occuring for multiple people with multiple devices (not to mention everyone

with Verizon services in my office) over AT LEAST several city blocks.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hello dfizzo - I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these concerns. I was able to reference the ticket number and it has been escalated to our next level of support. At this time I do not have an estimated time of resolution however we are definitely on the right track.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

why do you refer receiving the ticket number when it was clearly removed because of a issue?  The reps should follow the ToS even more so then the customers here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JBinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Verizon - LISTEN UP:

The boards are FULL of people complaining of slow 4G speeds. They are located across the ENTIRE COUNTRY. The devices include phones, tablets, MiFi devices - pretty much ANY DEVICE that Verizon sells for its network.

This is OBVIOUSLY not a device issue. So stop asking us what our zip codes are and telling us to reboot our devices, etc. You have a network problem. If your management insists that there's no problem, tell them to spend an hour reading this support forum. If they still insist, have them call me on my mobile number (calls still work, though I'm now getting dropped calls in major DC metro area). I can tell them all about it.

At this point, Verizon is billing us for data packages they are not providing. That's what's known in business as "breach of contract." (Although I'm sure Verizon's lawyers inserted some shady clause allowing you to sell us a service that doesn't work and still require us to pay.)

I'm calling customer service to demand a refund for service not provided. Maybe THAT will get someone's attention at Verizon, once the money starts slow down. I urge everyone else to call customer service and ask for refunds. Oh, and if you try to call tech support right now, expect wait times exceeding 15 minutes. I gave up yesterday.

Verizon, there is an OBVIOUS problem here. We ALL see it. Fix your network!

(PS> Tech support lurker: don't contact me. I don't need to speak to you. You can't help me. I'm not rebooting anything or taking out any SIM cards. Focus your time on fixing your network!)

Technical details: MiFI Jetpack 4060L (download speeds averaging ~.75-1.0Mbps if I'm lucky; mostly not useable)

HTC Droid (barely usable email; forget about web browsing - it wont)

dfizzo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only saving grace here is that this is limited to the 4G band. If I

switch my device to 3G/CDMA only mode I can at least use that. But that

required a third party app to do as the device itself doesn't let you limit

yourself to 3G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there JBinVA,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with the 4G service in your area. I absolutely want to make sure that you are able to experience the blazing fast speeds that we advertise.

I can assure you that there is not a nationwide 4G outage. My 4G service is operating as it should be and I want to make sure yours is too.  I know the questions sound repetitive, but they are important and effective questions, because each issue is specific to each area, because like I said there is not a nationwide outage.

If your in a busy metro area it is possible that the towers are congested which can cause fluctuating signal, but in order to find out I have to ask the necessary questions. What zip code are you having this issue in specifically? Do they primarily occur indoors or outdoors as well? The reason I ask this question is because signal can be challenging indoors depending on the construction of the building.

These questions are not asked for nothing, but they do help us isolate the issue to see why you are experiencing issues in your specific area.  By what your telling me it is obvious that you are having an issue and I am here to address it.

We also need to complete the proper troubleshooting to determine whether it is a device or network issue.  Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

An Updated PRL = Preferred Roaming List.. can make a worlds difference as Well in how a phone performs might not hurt to pass that along as Well.. b

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

So finally I am not alone... here is link to my thread... https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806838 I have been fighting with them over the slow LTE issue in Washington DC area.. I hope they have some explanation soon !

0 Likes
phositadc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another unhappy customer weighing in.  I'm right by metro center, but I have the problem throughout downtown DC.  Almost anytime I try to use my Verizon LTE phone during the day in downtown DC, I get absolutely terrible download and upload speeds.  Webpages barely even load (and frequently they do not load at all).

Unacceptable.  As several other customers have noted, this happens regardless of which device I'm using, regardless of whether I've rebooted recently or not, and regardless of how old my SIM card is.  It is unquestionably an issue with Verizon's LTE network in downtown DC during business hours.  I've attached a link to a screenshot to show how bad the service is:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2svjcvw962ke93o/verizonDC.jpg

And FYI, the bottom entry (20.19 mbps down, 4.62 mbps) was achieved in Arlington VA at 9:38pm.  The top 3 entries (0.33 mbps, 0.27 mbps, and 1.20 mbps) are fully representative of my typical network speeds on Verizon, in downtown DC, during the day--i.e., terrible.

There is clearly an issue with LTE speeds in downtown DC.  Network congestion.  Call it what it is, recognize the problem, and please try to fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want any of our customers to be unhappy with service phositadc. Having the service ou pay for is very important to us. Did we also submit a ticket for you and your issues. Have we performed any trouble-shooting for your device? What phone do you have? We can tell you how to perform steps to get your issue resolved.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow is on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes