Lost 4G/3G. Only have LTE.
abloke

I have an HCT M8.  Since I've had it (only about four months) the little Verizon Wireless connection icon has been showing mostly either 4G or 3G, depending on where I am.  Occasionally, if I'm in a very rural area, it's dropped to LTE.

Yesterday I noticed that, despite the fact that I was in the city where I normally have 4G, I only had LTE and that signal kept dropping out. It was that way, again, all day today. I was having trouble getting onto the internet in areas where I always have had a strong signal.

I've turned the phone off & on and checked the sim card. I also found some online site suggesting that the Preferred Network Type 'should' be set to Global...  mine was LTE/CDMA. So I changed it to Global.

Of course, nothing worked...  (why else would I be writing this?)

Suggestions...?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost 4G/3G. Only have LTE.
Weth
Legend

LTE is the fastest signal, higher than 3G and 4G.

On Verizon, you will not see 4G. You will see in decreasing speed:  LTE, 3G, 1x. How are you seeing 4G?

you don't want global, CDMA/LTE while on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
abloke

I'm only going by what shows on the little 'bars' icon...   sometimes it would say 4G, sometimes 3G, rarely LTE.  Now I am seeing only LTE and the signal keeps dropping out, even in areas where I Know I should be getting a strong signal.

Thank you for the clarification on Global-CDMA/LTE.  I've changed it back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abloke, thank you for contacting us with your concern. We always want you to enjoy the best signal. What services are you having issues with when you see the signal drop (calling, text messaging or data)? Let's also look at your area to ensure everything is good. Can we please have your ZIP Code? Do you know if any other Verizon users are having the same signal issues?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
almostgone
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband's phone and my tablet all have 4g but my phone only has late. This is a recent problem but it's been over a week now and it's getting frustrating

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello almostgone,

4G and LTE are both the same thing. If your phone shows LTE, then it has a 4G signal and vice versa. Manufactures decide whether to display 4G or LTE but they mean the same. What issues are you having when you try to use your phone?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see 4G all the time so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Also Verizon had me switch my network mode to global a couple years ago it didn't seem to work any better at the time and still doesn't work that good. I've talked to Verizon a couple times over the past couple weeks and asked if I should switch it back to cdma/lte and I was told no a couple different times. Not once was I told to switch back to cdma/lte.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to get great service with us, D3MONKID12. We are here to help you. 

What city/state are you located at, as well as the closest cross streets? What service issue are you experiencing with us? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
D3MONKID12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Moody,tx 

Spring valley and tower dr.

What service issues am I experiencing horrible network connection and data speeds are the biggest problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to inform no reported network issues in the area at this time. How long has this been going on?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes