LTE speeds have tanked this week.
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been getting around 10mbs up & down for months but this week I'm lucky to get EVDO speeds (and yes I'm still connecting "4G"). I'm starting to notice a pattern here - every time there is a major expansion, there is an outage or decrease in service.

Message was edited by: mc1lean I'm on the NW fringe of the Charlotte market btw. I had to fall back to my (now my wife's) old Sprint wireless last night, what a bummer. AT&T HSPA+ seems to be up here now accoring to my phone, maybe I should take a closer look at that. ;-)>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE speeds have tanked this week.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mc1lean,

I want to make sure we are providing you with the best possible wireless service at all times!  What type of device are you using? 

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I appreciate that. I am using a Pantech UML290, usually in a cradlepoint MBR95 router. That said, I owe VZW an apology. I whacked half a tree from in front of my house that was in the line of sight to the tower 7 - 10 miles away and I'm getting 14 down/10 up this morning.

My RSSI went from the high -seventies to the high -sixites and the LTE SINR went from mid single digits to the mid teens as measured by the router. More importatnly though, the graph of the two was much less erratic (straight line). I was under the impression that LTE was much less sensitive to obstrucion than EVDO but apparently not, at least not directly in front of a yagi.

0 Likes
gravytrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

eureka! , we should go around destroying the few trees we have left in the city in order to get faster LTE cell speeds.....

next will be the nasty gram to the utility company about how your electric bill is suddenly higher because the tree you "whacked down" is no longer providing the natural cooling to was....

amazed...

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

You shouldn't trash people when you have no clue what you are talking about Troll. Its a 30 ft Mulberry tree and we cut 2 large branches off. The tree is fine, I have to cut pieces off every year to be able to even drive under the branches.

Second of all, I work from home, can't get any wired broadband and rely on this connection for my livelihood.

Lastly, I've been on LTE since almost day one and it has been a wild ride. Very hard to tell where problems lie.

0 Likes
LTE speeds have tanked this week.
gravytrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry bro, no offense meant, but i see first world problems, and i don't agree with sacrificing a tree or it's limbs in exchange for getting better wireless speeds.....

thanks for the troll comment, I will treasure it always  Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the Machine.

0 Likes