LTE network speed (ZC73045) has slowed way down the past couple of weeks
codec3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon!

I've been dealing with  slow LTE speed at home for a while now: sometimes (not often) the data conneciton is about 3Mbs/sec which is the fastest I've seen it, but lately it's been about 400-100Kbs. I don't understand why it isn't consistent.

I've taken steps to boots the signal in my location by installing an antenna on my house. The location isn't great, ATT & Sprint don't even work where I'm at.

Since I'm rural I wouldn't expect a heavy load at any particual time, but the only time the network is reliable is from 12AM-7AM. 

I'm grandfather on the original unlimited plan. I pay 147 a month.

Thanks, David

0 Likes
Re: LTE network speed (ZC73045) has slowed way down the past couple of weeks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable data speeds are paramount, codec3. We can help you troubleshoot. What steps have you perfomed? Have you powered the device off, then back on?

CraigS_VZW

bearone21
Legend

the best you'll see thru the network, whether 3g or 4g is 5-12mbps & as you're seeing, can be much slower.

codec3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks  for the reply.  In addition to installing a 4G antenna on the roof of the house and a broadcast base inside the house I have cycled power on the iPhoneXR and reset the network settings; airplane mode too.  

Last 3 tests over a few days:

png 110/64/37  MB’s .28/.75/.78

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details. Can you provide me a screenshot of what you are viewing for your speeds?  JasonC_VZW

codec3
Enthusiast - Level 2

W ell it doesn’t look like this bbs has a method of adding images from iOS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

codec3, It's not a problem that you're unable to provide us with a screenshot. Just tell us the upload and download speeds from the speedtest completed at http://spr.ly/6609EeSIX Also, tell us where did you purchase your antenna?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
codec3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Community Manager, thanks for the reply again.

Yes, the antenna is a Verizon 4G Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home&Office - 700MHz Band 13 Repeater Kit with High Gain Panel/Yagi Antennas - Enhance Cellular LTE Data Signal purchased from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWOAUH6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My friend also has one, both work great! I'll post the speed test later today as I'm in the city just now where the 4G network is excellent.

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
codec3
Enthusiast - Level 2

P176m d12k u33k

0 Likes