LTE Router and unlimited plan?
putchfilms1

I have a 4G LTE Verizon router which is my only internet connection in a rural area.  I currently pay 235 a month for 50gigs of data.  Will  new unlimited plan cover this data only situation?  Will it be throttled after 22gigs?  Are there other limitations?  If anyone knows at verizon, I'd appreciate clarification.  I'm not using the data on a phone or tablet.  Its literally my internet using a verizon branded wireless router.

thanks.

JP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LTE Router and unlimited plan?
Weth
Legend

It will be throttled to 3G speeds, 600 kbps, after 10 GB.

22 GB deprioritization is not applicable to hotspots, jetpacks, and Home fusion. That is considered tethering and automatically slows after 10 GB>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It will be throttled to 3G speeds, 600 kbps, after 10 GB.

22 GB deprioritization is not applicable to hotspots, jetpacks, and Home fusion. That is considered tethering and automatically slows after 10 GB>

0 Likes
muzikicon1

Is this confirmed by Verizon?  I heard from a CS employee that it was still the 22GB then 3g.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The hint the person did not know what they are talking about is 22 GB and then 3 G.  That is not an option at all.  It is either 22 GB and then potential for deprioritization for data used on the device, or 10 GB and then 3G for data used off the device in tethering situations (hotspot, jet pack, home fusion)

0 Likes
muzikicon1

Yeah.  Its strange they aren't offering an alternative for that yet considering they had levels of data you could purchase before and now its just lumped together as if it is a hotspot.

0 Likes
OWAG23
Enthusiast - Level 2

The part that is confusing is that the Verizon disclosures state the 10GB/3G slowdown applies to mobile hotspot/tethering devices.  The LTE router and Homefusion are neither mobile hotspots or items you tether to.  They are home-based internet devices or fixed hotspots (unless VZ has expanded its definition of tethering, which isn't consistent with industry practice).  I can easily understand why CS agents are confused, but VZ needs to get a handle on this before they get slammed with a bunch of FTC complaints.

Weth
Legend

Verizon has publicly indicate that all "Internet Devices" of which the LTE route, Homefusion, jetpacks, and mifi devices are all considered Internet devices.

0 Likes
JKOW123

After extensive discussion with a "skilled Chat Representative" I was assured that I was able to change my LTE Home Internet Which was capped at 30GB to the new unlimited plan. I explained 30 GB doesn't go very far if I wanted to stream Netflix etc. He even had to double check with his supervisor to see if I was eligible. I was assured that I would be covered and he said he changed my plan. It's now 15 days later and my plan has not been changed. Has anyone else actually tried changing to unlimited on LTE Home?

0 Likes
JKOW123

This from VERIZON:            LTE internet devices (mini, jetpack, hotspots, LTE installed) will get LTE speed up to 10 GB and then throttled to 3G speeds which is defined as 600 Kbps.  It is not de-prioritization, but throttling.

0 Likes