Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause disconnections
RLF_1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jay I know it's not much but I'd give you $100 for both router and antenna

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tpadela, we know that having things working is important. We know that this is a known issue. We are working to get this resolved as quickly. Thank you for your patience. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Jbablitz21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same issue where the modem randomly locks up and it needs to be rebooted to restore connectivity. Will the repaired firmware update be automatically installed when it is released?

Gsev2332345
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am experiencing the exact same issue. The router worked perfectly for over a month then on 11/16 the router updated its firmware to 204453. Then it started disconnecting, some days up to 20 times. Only way to reconnect is power cycle the router. I have spoken to several Verizon techs, most were helpful. Tried new SIM card then new router. New router worked perfectly for 2 days until it updated the firm ware. I hope Verizon comes up with a solution soon, resetting the router many times every day is annoying.

S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m experiencing all these same issues too. One moment I’m at 5 bars abs great connectivity, the next moment the router is showing double blinking red. Today was particularly horrendous with constant dropping. The device worked great all weekend. But when we wake up we have to reboot. It terrible that they can’t get a fix or roll back these devices as when the device works the service is great. I really don’t have another internet option with these speeds and need this to work. Come on Verizon. I know you have engineers who can fix this. Stop dawdling! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose your loyalty, _jay_! We would love the opportunity to help you. When did this issue start? Does this occur in a particular location or multiple locations?  

0 Likes
jadmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you serious @vzw_customer_support ? Scroll up. We all have the same issue. Please stop trying to actively listen, and instead, provide a resolution target in a legitimate update.

S99klein
Enthusiast - Level 3

how quickly? It's been nearly a month since the update messed up all of our router's performance. If the company actually cared about this issue, they would have had a hotfix by now. I understand we are a small portion of Verizon's revenue, but rolling this back shouldn't be that difficult. Just take the old version, rename it to a new version number and push it out. Problem solved. 

bzublin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my new modem yesterday, and am having the same issue.  Two red LED's illuminated this morning.  If this can't be resolved within the next 10 days then I will be cancelling my Verizon service and stay with T-Mobile.  Verizon only offers 14 day return policy.  After that you are stuck with the service for two years unless you want to pay significant cancellation fees.

_jay_
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support Sorry, too late.  If you want to save any face, you can help me recoup the money your team is forcing payment on despite the hardware issues.  I know I signed for it, but that was under the pretext the thing worked.

@vzw_customer_support  if you really want to show you care, update this thread with a REAL update.  STOP the inexcusable "we want to help" messages and ACTUALLY help.

@vzw_customer_support I have spent countless hours regarding this issue and my phones with your customer service agents to only be lied to, disconnected (my interpretation is hung up on), or passed to another rep that had no clue what the last rep was saying.

Our phones have been fine; but my purchasing experiences and this LTE Internet thing has been horrendous and frankly embarrassing (to the point I am contemplating moving my 4 lines of service).

😔

@vzw_customer_support  YOUR MOVE!