Is there anyone out there from Western New York who is having problems connecting to the 4G LTE network?
Mary6963

I have been having this problem for the past 2 weeks on my UML290 USB modem.  Using the antenna doesn't help.  When I do get 4G LTE, the signal is usually so week that webpages will not load.  I mostly get a 3G connection lately and even that disconnects or goes to local access only. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any out there from Western New York who is having problems connecting to the 4G LTE network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mary, thank you for your post and we want to get your 4G device picking up 4G again. Have you used your device in more than one location in the last 2 weeks? If so, are you experiencing the same issue in other locations? Is this indoors or outdoors? Also, what zip code do you mostly use your device in?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone out there from Western New York who is having problems connecting to the 4G LTE network?
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I live in Rochester and LTE literally sucks in a lot of areas for my Razr Maxx HD. I've asked why is it that the Verizon LTE coverage maps shows my address a solidly in a 4G area yet I get 3G or 1X coverage most of the time. Toggling airplane mode on and off nets me less than a minute on the 4G network. Other areas, specifically near the Rochester Institute of Technology has great LTE. I think coverage isn't anywhere near what the Verizon maps want to tout.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any out there from Western New York who is having problems connecting to the 4G LTE network?
Mary6963

I only use my device on my home computer.  My zip code is 14227.  I did talk to a service tech this evening over the phone because the internet was the worst yet.  It took me about 6 minutes to log into the Verizon website.  He put in a report of this issue.  Since this started happening right after a severe thunderstorm moved through my area about 1 1/2 weeks ago, he thinks maybe a lightning strike is causing this problem.  If you can find out anything more, please let me know.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone out there from Western New York who is having problems connecting to the 4G LTE network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear RobB772,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with your 4G service in Rochester. I know how frustrating it can be when your phone fluctuates in service.

I have verified there are no reported issues in the area and coverage looks good. When you experience signals switching from 4G to 3G, 1X are you indoors or outside? Also, I recommend to remove your SIM card then reinsert the SIM card to refresh your network. To do so click http://vz.to/AwpDvc then test. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

I have already done all the fruitless(remove / reinstall sim card, replace sim card, factory reset) suggestions. Your coverage maps aren't displaying the actual 4G coverage. It's not the device, it's poor to nonexistent 4G data coverage in areas your posted 4G coverage map touts as having full 4G data. Right now I'm on 3G @ - 105dBm and I'm sitting outside. Not very 4G ish Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional information, Mary6963.
I do see parts of that zip code as being variably covered to begin with, but I'm curious as to whether or not you've gotten the results from your resolution ticket. I'd love to look into it further for you.

TamaraH_VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

Just the marketing department where they say that the maps can't verify every address and their coverage. I now have 2 phones that only get 3G coverage (at best) in what is mapped as solidly 4G data coverage, my RAZR Maxx HD & my wife's iphone5. Someone needs to correct the posted maps or 4G network coverage should be provided where it says it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RobB772,

I can definitely understand you wanting to have the fastest speeds available in your area. Thanks for trying the suggestions we provided.

Have you always had issues with 4G in your area or did this recently start? have you had the SIM cards replaced for your device?

Let's take a closer look at the 4G coverage in your area. Visit http://vz.to/10nUGDc and enter you complete address to get a better look at the 4G availability in your area.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

JohnB_VZW

According to the map I should be getting

Verizon 4G LTE .

I have to zoom out to level 6 before any Verizon 4G LTE Extended even shows on the map. Ergo the map is incorrect and misleading (fraudulent?) on the level of service available. The area near my address should be labeled as 3G / 1X not 4G.

Even 4G LTE Extended would be closer to the truth.

0 Likes