Is "4G extended" considered "converted" for the "2013 4G conversation"?
Jerm77

Sorry for all the quotation. But I'm trying to parse what all this means and I've had little luck.

I was told by a Verizon rep about a year ago that all 3G service would be converted to 4G by the end of 2013. Now I'm seeing a lot of "4G extended" areas where 3G still seems to be the norm. Is this territory already considered converted by Verizon? Or Will the "4G extended" areas simply become legit 4G areas as part of this rollout?... If not has there been any timeframe given on when they will become true 4G areas?

A related question...

If the lower frequency of the 4G is suppose to carry better than that of the 3G... Than why in areas that have been converted is there still so much 3G service where 4G doesn't reach? Shouldn't converting an area to 4G increase the coverage to a greater footprint than 3G can reach?

Any clarification/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is "4G extended" considered "converted" for the "2013 4G conversation"?
Jerm77

Oops...

Don't see an edit option. Just noticed that my autofill brought up "conversation" (rather than "conversion") when making the title... I guess it still kinda works though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jerm77 wrote:

Oops...

Don't see an edit option. Just noticed that my autofill brought up "conversation" (rather than "conversion") when making the title... I guess it still kinda works though.

There is a five minute edit window on posts here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

4G extended isn't fully switched to 4G.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jerm77

Has there been any word on when that will be completed? Is it part of the "finished by the end of 2013" rollout?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jerm77 wrote:

Has there been any word on when that will be completed? Is it part of the "finished by the end of 2013" rollout?

Most likely, yes.

0 Likes