Re: Inoperable LTE service in midtown manhattan
tmfster

I thought the problem was limited to the iPhone.  Nice to see Verizon provides horrible service to all phones and not just one.

I'll give them a thumbs up for consistency.

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth, I got into (another) twitter discussion with a vz rep (both in public and via private msg)....the rep promised to look into it...once again, thought it was my phone at first (even though I clearly said it works outside of NYC totally fine and even pointed the rep to these forums where there are tons of people discussing this issue - even reference post 2 here for top search results on Google).  He/She then apologized and once again said it will be looked into...I get a private msg saying "This is a known issue area.  We constantly evaluate future network improvements that will reduce traffic".  I then asked for a timeline or rollout plan, as this has been ongoing for at least a year now (reference other posts in this forum and that my contract ends within 2 months (and I assume many other Galaxy Nexus owners) - having a timeline would help on my decision to renew or not, and I get a reply: "I absolutely understand 100%.  My apologies that we cannot release improvement timeframes on our network" - end of discussion, he/she stopped replying after I asked what improvements have been made since the past year in NYC Metro area.  This is plain out awful signal service and now CUSTOMER service. 

0 Likes
Aleshka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly the same story here. Just replaced the iPhone5 with the new one for unrelated reason - still the very same results. I work on 51&7th. I live in NJ and commute by bus. The signal gets better once a couple miles away from Lincoln tunnel and works just fine anywhere thereafter.

0 Likes
merlin_r68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't even find the proper link to complain about this.  I would like to get out of my contract because I work and live in Midtown any my phone is expensive but nearly useless.

VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

We aren't being heard...that's the worst part IMO.  If VZ was honest and admitted having issues and gave us a roadmap/timeline to address, I'd be happy...but we aren't even getting heard it seems.  Here's another thread...https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/801799  (in addition to the others listed above...what a joke...)

0 Likes
mc_365
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work near Rockefeller Center and during peak weak days I pretty much get no service in my office.

Outside walking around I get intermittent service.  I pretty much sucks.  It use to be good and suddenly in April 2012 it slowed dramatically.  It was like someone turned the power down on the transmitters or something.  Now I'm being extorted by VZW to fulfill a 2 year service agreement for a service that is only usable for 60% of the time.

It's so slow that the facebook app tells me "No Connection" when I try to sync or post to my wall from work.

0 Likes
colm

Same here. I can't use LTE at all during working hours in the area around Grand Central. Switching to 3G helps a little but this isn't even about speed, there's just NO SERVICE AT ALL.

0 Likes
enfd240

it has gotten constantly worse here by gct ... at this point, i'd rather have a dial up modem.  i'm glad to see that it's just not me though...

0 Likes
vg400

I work in midtown on 42nd between Lex and 3rd, and service has steadily degraded the last 6 months.  At this point the data network is completely inoperable on LTE or 3G between 9 AM and 5 PM M-F.  I have 3 LTE devices and, none can get a data connection.  Phone calls still work though. 

My contract is up in 2 months, and looks like I will be going back to AT&T.  Several of my co-workers on AT&T get LTE service in our office.

0 Likes
imdahlers

I recently renewed my contract, bought an HTC One and returned it because I had no data service and couldn't figure out what was wrong. It was suggested I replace my sim card. It was suggested I replace the phone. Instead, I decided I'd go back to an iPhone as I was convinced it was a phone issue and not a Verizon Wirless 4G LTE issue.

I replaced my HTC One with an iPhone 5S, and I found that I still had issues. This time I decided against calling Verizon Wirless and instead googled "verizon 4g lte coverage issues" and came across this and many reports of the same exact problem. 5 days a week, from 9 to 6 my data doesn't work. That's 45 hours a week. That's 180+ hours a month. That's also unacceptable. When is verizon planning on addressing this issue?

0 Likes