I have a 4G LTE router and cant port forward to my DVR for surveilance cameras.
nickyou

I have a 4G LTE router in a truck and what to use the router to view the surveillance cameras remotely. I have 8 cameras on the truck, but when I try to port forward the router to port 80, and to the IP of the DVR, (192.168.1.200) I get no access. If I go to "canyouseeme.org" that site cannot see my dvr. The port forwarding obviously isn't working. What do I need to do to see my cameras. That is the only reason I purchased the 4G LTE router, and the salesman assured me that It would work for the purpose I just describe.I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a 4G LTE router and cant port forward to my DVR for surveilance cameras.
tigelowe

I just got a jetpack MiFi 6620L and am having the same problem. It appears 4G on verizon, and others, doesn't generate a public facing ip address that you can connect to from the web. I agree, port forwarding is usless in a 4G environment (Unless you can purchase a static ip from Verizon). A workaround could be to force the device to connect 3G as it gives a public accessable ip address.

0 Likes