I have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet.
byersdar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet. Works early in the Morning, then stops working when more people come to work around 8:30am. Network is down every single day. I'm sick of it. Your selling me a network that doesn't work!!!!!

Re: 4G LTE but not internet. Works early in the am, then stops when more people come to work. Network is down every single day. Im sick of it.
rcschnoor
Legend

Which plan do you have? If you have GoUnlimited, that plan can be de-prioritized at any time there is congestion on the tower you are using, such as the time when "more people come to work"(more people in one location = more people using the same tower)

While your device would still show the same signal strength, your data would simply be put behind the data of people whose data is not subject to the same restrictions, making it seem as if it is a slower data speed.

There are plans which do not place these same restrictions on data until you have used an amount of data exceeding a data threshold associated with your chosen data plan.

Go Unlimited data threshold = 0 GB of data/line/month

Beyond Unlimited data threshold = 22 GB of data/line/month

Above Unlimited data threshold = 75 GB of data/line/month

It all depends on how important your data speed and the amount of data you need in a month as to which plan is the best option for your needs.

0 Likes
Re: I have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet.
bassman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

@byersdar wrote:

I have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet. Works early in the Morning, then stops working when more people come to work around 8:30am. Network is down every single day. I'm sick of it. Your selling me a network that doesn't work!!!!!

I thought it was just me.  I posted a similar problem just now, but a quick scan indicates at least 3 posts with people having a similar problem.

With me, I have the Moto g6 (not g7), but the problem is similar.  I initially (for the longest time) assumed that the Moto g6, being a low-end phone, was a "dud" (bad antenna, chip-set seemed good), but since I've noticed my iPad 6th gen LTE doing the same thing, and seeing similar posts here, I now see otherwise.

The problem, in my case, has seemed more location-dependent, but I too find that it works well early when I come-in 6am, but by around 9:30, it starts acting-up.

I know CDMA is going away by 12/31/2019 (except for a few select commercial customers); I wonder if we're seeing some provisioning issues in preparation for the transition?

BTW, I'm on the 8Gb plan, not unlimited.  If people with "lesser plans" are getting "hosed" (per post above), it may well be time to examine options.

bassman3
Enthusiast - Level 2

In speaking with tech-support, it sounds like "de-prioritization" only happens when you go over a certain data-limit (which I don't do).

Not sure what is going-on...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

byersdar,
Help is here for you. We want to make sure that you have a data connection at all times. When did this problem start happening? (A few days ago? A few weeks ago? A few months ago?) Does the loss of data service happen only in one particular area or everywhere you go? If this happens in one particular location, may I please have your nearest intersection and city or zip code so I can accurately pinpoint your location? Do you know any other Verizon Wireless customers in your area with the same issue? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
andRe: I have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet.
Rphelps99

Corner of S. Sheldon rd and Jacintoport Blvd.  Houston Texas

0 Likes
Re: andI have 4 bars of 4G LTE but no internet.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your service is not working in this area. How long has this been an issue?Are there others in the area with the same issues? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Whickerj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. We recently switched to unlimited and the speed had been awful. Happens multiple times per day on all of our 4 phones on the plan. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Whickerj, we understand the importance of being able to stay connected. Help is here. As previously mentioned in this thread there are different tiers to the data plans. Based on your feedback it sounds like you are on either the Go Unlimited (now retired) or Start Unlimited (new plan). Neither of these plans has a 4G threshold so if you are in an area that experiences high traffic you will experience more Network Management which is a temporary reduction of your speeds. Our latest unlimited plan options can be viewed here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/. Please let us know if this helps.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
BeardedGlory1776
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I to understand that you, Verizon, are offering plans aka more money to you, for a service you say you provide? "nationwide service" but not in popular areas where putting another signal tower seems to solve the issue. Already the most expensive phone service plan by comparison but what does that get us the customers? Your message replies with a link to pay for other or more service plans? Hard pass, Verizon.