Re: How do I cancel FamilyBase?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rallygygy,
Let's get this resolved! Is there a specific reason you no longer want the feature? Please accept my follow request, follow me and send me a private message with your mobile number and verification. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

david0416
Enthusiast - Level 1

i want it removed from my account also please!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

david0416, managing your account online at our website is so easy. You can just log in My Verizon and remove the Family Base feature. For your convenience, click here: http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Beano

ok is anyone else able to cancel familybase?? I have tried everything and nothing is working as it was real easy to sign up and real hard to cancel!!!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Many of these features take an act of god to have removed as Verizon does not want to give up the revenue stream.  On some of them they give you the option to remove the feature from the website. Only abut half of those actually cancel it and really end the billing etc... Many of them the real way to remove them is to call the 800 number so that the Verizon CS agent can try to talk you out of cancelling it. Some of these rightfully so like Family Locater so that the kids cannot cancel them over the web.  most of these take 2-3 calls to get them to actually cancel it and stop the billing as again, they want the revenue stream.

My suggestion is to call them and after they tell you they have cancelled it call back the next day and verify

asperl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh my gosh.  I figured it out after spending 45 minutes on the website and forums!!

>Go to the Family Base section (not the section where you can add or remove features)

>>see the three tabs, "activity", "controls" "profiles" select  "Controls"

>>>Scroll down to the very bottom under the user profiles and there is a text link that says "remove family base"

gstein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for posting this!  Like others I have tried numerous times to figure out how cancel FamilyBase, with no luck. I find it Interesting that the "help" provided by the VZW employees monitoring this thread did not work, and that a search for "cancel familybase" on the VZW website yields no results.

If VZW made it as easy to subscribe to FamilyBase as it is to cancel it, I suspect that there would be no subscribers to this service.

peach99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Note about website removal since I'm obviously not smart enough for a smart phone!

You saved my sanity "asper"l ! I found it was under "Profiles" on the three tabs not "Controls".

It's very small under the list of "Account Members" and it does in fact work.

I could rant but anyone reading this is just as crazed as I was... Shame on you Verizon, I also spent 20 mins in chat waiting for a response once I mentioned I wanted it removed.... dead line? Perhaps.... or sales ploy me thinks~

Note to Verizon, I will think twice about signing on for future features after this frustrating romp through Verizon's catacombs of user unfriendly removal procedures.

I share you POV "gstein" I find it Interesting that the "help" provided by the VZW employees monitoring this thread did not work, and that a search for "cancel familybase" on the VZW website yields no results.

in a word......ridiculous

0 Likes
MidnighToker
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off, I would like to give a huge thanks to @Anthromaven for finding (BEFORE and VZW Reps bothered to mention it!) that this service can be canceled through the Mobile App.  I'm on an Android, so it was a little different than described, but at least it was THERE.

This is absolutely ridiculous though....I am on my computer looking for answers on how to cancel a "hidden" service (that I didn't even realize I was paying for for months, but that was my own fault) from the Vzw website, that is open on the SAME computer where I am searching for this elusive answer.  Then I find that I can ONLY perform this from MY PHONE?!?!?!  Is this some pathetic joke?  Just like someone called it....Vzw doesn't want you to find out how to cancel it so they can keep that revenue coming in just as they do with ALL of their services.

After this crap, I am seriously thinking of taking up either Sprint or T-Moble on their offer to buy out all 4 of the Vzw contracts that I currently have.......

0 Likes
julieagilbert
Enthusiast - Level 1

The link did not take me to a page that allowed me to see a "change features" link.  Still this is not an easy thing to do and I am sure it is another scam by verizon, like the over data charges a few years back.  You guys are terrible.

0 Likes