Re: Horribly slow data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We definitely want this to be look at. We want your connection to be strong and to always have great speeds. Are any other Verizon devices having the same issues? What kind of phone do you have? Is your device set for roaming? Did any of the troubleshooting steps help with signal? Are your other services affected the same way? We want an opportunity to look at this in every direction to see if we can help you get better service.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Are any other Verizon devices having the same issues? What kind of phone do you have? Is your device set for roaming? Did any of the troubleshooting steps help with signal? Are your other services affected the same way?

I don't know how many times I can say the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS.   This is only an issue in this general area.  The data works great everywhere else.  I am attempting to get your technicians to determine this issue with the tower or towers serving this area.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE OR MY SETTINGS.

However, it is a useless endeavor at this point.   Florida6100, I appreciate your input.  We both know what the real issues are.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the time and effort you’ve put into troubleshooting your data concern, Florida6100. I certainly want to get you the fastest speeds possible, but our network is a shared resource so we do manage data a bit differently on Unlimited plans as described at http://spr.ly/658887nWj . With the Beyond Unlimited plan you mentioned having, you should see full LTE download speeds averaging about 5-12 Mbps unless you’re in a congested area. You may notice an even more significant decrease in speed if you’ve used over 22 GB on a smartphone as described in #12 at http://spr.ly/658087nWe . I double-checked for any other reports of service trouble in Jasper, FL and the service in the area generally looks good and I don’t see any other customers have reported a decline in data speeds. What concerns me is that you mentioned your highest speed is 3 Mbps and it happens everywhere, as that would indicate it’s not necessarily a congested tower but rather other underlying issues. You mentioned that you were on the Beyond Unlimited at that time too, so what plan are you currently on? What model phone are you currently using with us and do you have more than one device on your account? How are you testing the data speeds on your device?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Just further information.  I ran 4 speed tests.

1.  Just outside (south) of the area i normally have problems - good area

download:  12.32 mbps, upload 29.98 mbps, latency 51 ms.

2.  Standing outside in area of problem:

download:  0.03 mbps, upload 15 kbps, latency 432 ms.

3.  Standing about 10 feet from previous:

download:  0.03 mbps, upload 436 kbps, latency 2518 ms.

4.  About 30 feet from previous:

download:  0.02 mbps, upload unreadable mbps, latency 696 ms.

ALL are within sight of each other, about 1000 feet.

Now, Verizon, tell me there is not a problem.  Apparently there is no desire to fix this.  Checking for "service trouble" doesn't fix the underlying cause.   I hate it because I love verizon's coverage but I'm not going to continue to put up with this. 

0 Likes
bama3d

I have had the same problem for months and no answer was ever forthcoming from support. I did finally upgrade to another phone based on a lie told by support and now just want out of any connection with verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don’t want you to even consider leaving the Verizon Wireless family, bama3d. I’m terribly sorry there has been no solution offered to you in months. I’ve sent a private message to better assist you.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ouch!

With an application like Network Cell Info Lite or , you probably could have told them the two different towers that were involved, probably figured out their Lat/Lon position and/or Tower ID. But still, about all they might be able to do is report it to some other department.

Just curious, in the area giving you trouble, if you force your phone to 3G, what do you get for download speeds?

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

My first post gives them the location.

No option to make my phone go to 3g.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I missed what phone you have. Yes, you gave them the zip code, but likely there are two different towers, one giving you good speeds, and the other not.

For an Android, Network Cell Info Lite will tell you the Lat/Lon of the tower.

For an iPhone, I think the app OpenSignal will do it too.

Depending on which device - you can force it not to use 4G/LTE, essentially forcing 3G.

Google is your friend.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2
0 Likes