Horribly slow data speed
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

I am requesting how to best report an issue in Valdosta, Georgia.

I have extremely show data speeds 0.08 mbps - 1.0 mbps in this area in the map.  I spend a lot of my time in the red circled area, and my office is located on the black X mark.

This has been occuring over the last several months.  Makes no difference to be inside or outside.

There is a Verizon tower directly in line of sight.

Is there any way to test this to see what the issue is?  Also it occurs with different phones, but is constantly slow all the time.   This is the only area in Valdosta that I have these types of slow data speeds.  It is basically unusable.

vzwtower.jpg

Labels (1)
Re: Horribly slow data speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wetherb67, slow data speeds are a concern, we are here to help out. Since it has been over 24 hours since you originally posted, were you able to report your service issue through customer service? Regarding the present service experience, how far out do you need to travel before you notice a difference in speeds?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

The red area above is where the bad signal continues to be.  I have now included a screenshot of the cell info app I use for further information.   It cannot even locate the closest tower within eyesight standing outside.  There is definitely a problem.  Even though 4g is showing the data speed continues to be around 1 mbps.

cell.png

wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

Also, here is a line of sight picture to the nearest cell tower.  This should NOT be an issue!

vzwtower1.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your data service is working the way it should wetherb67. What is the zip code where you are having trouble? What plan are you on? How much data has been used during your current billing cycle?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wetherb67
Contributor - Level 1

The zip code is 31602. I am not even close to using my data limit, currently at 1.1 GB.   Let's eliminate all the useless steps regarding my phone or account, because my wife also has the issues.  

The approximate address of the cell tower is here:   Google Maps

Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dont feel too bad, I have a jetpack with beyond unlimited plan that has used 0/15GB and it can barely maintain 500Kbps with 5 bars of 4G LTE.

It got elevated to t2 tech then again to networking team and i got an email stating its due to poor service in the area.

They must have forgotten to read the whole log, because my phones mobile hotspot and my other jetpack speeds are just fine in the exact same spot.

So just keep in mind that they will make stuff up and call it an explanation.

stef7
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

At home, when i am not out of state om a job, i pay $100/mo for unlimited data at 100Mbps download. And thats average, not just the speeds on a good day, which will be closer to 140Mbps.

I have the beyond unlimited plan with 2 jetpacks and a Samsung Galaxy S8+. 1 of the jetpacks seems to do okay, although 5-12Mbps i rarely see still, more like 2-3Mbps.

The other jetpack for reasons unkown cant even break 1Mbps which isnt even "okay", its terrible.

My phone usually has the best speeds for hotspot but now i cant even enable hotspot without getting a fatal error mesaage and it wont let me enable.

And its only costing me 3x as much as my home internet.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I am soooo confused!

The 2 jetpaks and the phone as hotspot are all doing the same thing. Why have 3?

And you have home internet - why don't you configure a router on that for all your wifi (you aren't using the jetpaks at home for wifi internet access right?).

Re: the jetpaks, and just considering the signal level they receive:

You can go into the Jetpak Admin Display and verify signal strength RSRP and SNR (Manual pg 70). Compare the 2 Jetpaks.

Also compare network settings (manual page 68).

Your phone? Android? If so download Network Cell Signal Lite and compare RSRP and SNR to it.

Since the jetpaks are essentially routers, there are a whole host (pun intended) of reasons why the effective Mbps through each device to the carrier could be different. I presume you know how to administer these on a detailed level.

0 Likes