Re: Has 4G slowed drastically since last week for you too?
CoreySimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm glad it's not just me then. And you're a good 1000 miles away from me.

EbonyR_VZW, are you sure something didn't just change? And if you find out something did, are there plans to change it back?

Thanks,

Corey S.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to have the best possible service Evsters! I understand how important it is to make sure you are able to browse the web freely. What is the make and model of your devices? Does this continue when you leave the area? I currently don't see any issues over here. Is anyone else in the household having issues?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EvstersTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Devices -

iPhone 6

iPad Mini 3

iPad Air 2

Hotspot Mifi 6620L

All devices have unlimited data plans through our WSCA gov't contract.

I happened to bring other peoples district devices home last night to test out - last night top download speed according to the speedtest app was .58 Mbps down 6 to 7 Mbps upload (regardless of which device - showing 4 to 5 bars signal strength on all devices) - this morning I was getting around 1.25 Mbps down. So extra users might explain last night/this morning difference but not near what I had last week when 8 - 10 Mb download would have been common and I've seen up to 15 Mbps download speed.

This morning and 45 minutes later - same devices in zip code 59417 (with only 1 bar/dot signal strength) I'm getting 9.33 Mbps download. This location is 35 miles away from where I live so I would assume different tower(s) being utilized.

So I would have to make assumption something is wrong with your facility/tower in the 59427 area and I would guess the tower down off of  Railroad Street since I have line of sight to that tower or the issue was fixed in the past hour. Won't know until I get home tonight.

I have another district device in zip code 59411 (45 miles from 59417) at our school up there and it will commonly pull 15-18 Mbps download speeds - better than any DSL line service (since I can't get DSL in that location). I have not tested the above devices when at that school but I would expect similar results.

Thanks, Ev

Egasca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happening here.  Although it's only affected my phone linked to my unlimited data plan. Upload speeds can be as bad as 0.02mbps that's not even 20kb!!!! Wtf verizon. The plan hasn't even used over 2.0 gigs for this billing period.  Verizon definitely flipped a switch and is keeping it on the hush hush.

0 Likes
CoreySimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weirdly enough, my internet was back to normal this weekend. I was only on it for about an hour at most, but it was performing how it used to. I'll see if this was a fluke, or not in the next week or so. I'll be out of town on work most of this week, so I might not have an answer until next.

0 Likes
CoreySimo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I take that back. I was home yesterday for a good hour (6pm - 7pm between trips), and the internet was terrible.

UncleBuck30804
Enthusiast - Level 2

Corey,

I'm in zip code 71019. Over the past year my phone service with Verizon has become noticeably sub-par. I used to have 4g at my house. Now I'm lucky if I can make a phone call without it being dropped. I've called to complain numerous times. I've been told a different excuse every time I call. To many people are using the internet in my area causing a weaker than normal signal, Verizon is working on a tower in my area, etc.etc.etc. The last time I called I was told that a note would be made, that my call was the first complaint they had received in the area. I said no its not, I've called numerous times. The service has gotten so bad that I can't even make a phone call at my office without it being dropped and my office is near town. They talked me into purchasing a Samsung booster to help with my problem, and now my phone shows full service while at the office, but I still can't make a phone call. I went and purchased a spare phone from AT&T and I have no issues with that phone at my office. They are also in the process of putting up another tower in my area as we speak. Once the tower is up, I will be swapping all of my company phones to AT&T, its bad business when you spend over $10,000 a month for company phones and can't use them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your loyalty UncleBuck30804 and would miss you if you left!I would like to further review your account and give you a clear answer. I have sent you a private message so I can assist.

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UncleBuck30804
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amber to be honest my service has been a disappointment for a year now. I don’t know what Verizon changed but something happened. I’ve had my business account set up with Verizon for over 6 years and never had a problem. In the past year I have had to add phone boosters to every truck in our fleet so our employees could have the phone service to do their jobs. I had to add a Samsung booster at my office to try and help with the lack of phone service and dropped calls, which didn’t help. I was told you were working on a tower in our area, but its been a year and it hasn’t changed at all. I thought that it might have just been my old model phone. But I went Friday and picked up a Samsung Galaxy S6. Its worse now than before. My company has almost 400 employees and most of our phones are Verizon, if this issues isn’t resolved soon we will be looking for a new service provider.

Thanks,

Rob [removed]

“You get what you inspect, not what you expect!!”

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UncleBuck30804,

We want you to enjoying being in the VZW family as must as you enjoyed it when you frist started service. Have you had the opportunity to respond to the private message from Amber as previously requested? We want to get to the bottom of your issue.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes