Getting billed for non-existing message
Mark-J

My hardware setup: LG VL600 USB modem --> Ethernet modem --> router --> desktop computer. I do not have smart phone. So it is not possible to either get or receive messages. All my messaging is by email via broadband data.  Yet, my recent bill includes a charge for receiving a message from phone number 000-000-0000.  Looks like Verizon computers got hacked. I want the charge removed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting billed for non-existing message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mark-J,

Hmm, let's get to the bottom of this for you. The USB modems ARE capable of receiving text messages. If you navigate to VZ Access Manager, there could be a text message in there for your account. It could be that there was a wrong number, and it was routed to your account. I can look into this for you, but we will need to do this privately. Please look for a message from me directly, so we can gain access to the account. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Getting billed for non-existing message
Mark-J

I spoke to customer support.  They admitted computer generated spam messages are difficult to block.  They offered to block all messages, included those from Verizon.  I accepted.  Also got refunded for the spam message.

0 Likes