Extremely Slow LTE/4G Speeds Jersey City NJ 07302
WantToSwitchWirelessP

I work in Jersey City [Removed] 07302 (directly across the Hudson from the World Trade Center) and for the past two weeks WE (as in everyone I work with that have Verizon LTE Phones) have only been getting about .25 - .75 Mbps. I called Verizon tech support multiple times but they insist I going through troubleshooting steps on my phone when I know its NOT a phone issue (I get 45 Mbps on the Turnpike!). Can someone please acknowledge there is an issue here and do something about it???

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely Slow LTE/4G Speeds Jersey City NJ 07302
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern. We value your business and never want to see you go.

Are you experiencing the slower speeds only while indoors at work? What signal do you see on the phone when you have the slower speeds?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WantToSwitchWirelessP

I just tested and received same results outside. I also had a colleague who has AT&T test and they are getting 23Mbps down. This is a Verizon issue, what are the next steps to get this escalated? If more people are needed to complain I can have them call as well, please advise.

0 Likes
kalanal

I am  at the same location and have the same issue. Please respond ASAP.

0 Likes
EddieG123

I work in Jersey City as well and have noticed a considerable data slowdown over the last 2-3 weeks. I pay an incredible amount of money for what is supposedly the fastest network but I am now lucky to get 1mb down while in the office. Upload speeds fluctuate but it is usually less than 1mb. 

Someone suggested re-trying outside of the office.  While standing in the street (in the crosswalk) I was getting just over 1mb at 10am this morning.

Please address asap as I have colleges with the competition getting over 20mb down. It's tough to justify the additional expense when the competitor is so much faster at a cheaper price point.

To be fair I'm seeing download speeds in the high 20's while home (central NJ) so the only complaint is in the Jersey City area.

Thanks for understanding and hoping an investigation with a prompt resolution is in the very near future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to test that out. I double checked the 07302 area and don't see there have been any tickets opened for data trouble in the past few weeks. It's important to troubleshoot everything from the network to the devices to make sure we cover all our bases and find you the right resolution. I know you've already put in a lot of effort, but what make and model phone are you using? If you go into your settings and turn off WiFi to make sure it's not trying to latch onto something that's not there, do you notice a change in the data performance on the phone while you're near work?

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WantToSwitchWirelessP

Jennifer,

WiFi is not on and never is when I am in work. I already checked everything with tech support via my phone and I hope that they documented this as well. The phones WE (as in myself and everyone I work with that has Verizon and has this issue) are using are a Google Pixel XL, 2 Samsung Note 5's, Samsung S7, Samsung s6, iPhone 6s and an iPhone 7. I guess from your response above we should all call in and have tickets opened, thanks for replying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is exactly correct, though really only one person needs to submit a trouble ticket.

NoahS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes