ETA on official Mac support of LG VL600
zerohorn

Does anyone have an idea when Mac support will be available for the LG VL600.  We got the LG-VL600 the day it was available but haven't been able to use it on our MacBookPros because there is no Mac support available.  I know there is an easy way (ihack) to get the Pantech UML290 to connect to the 4G network on the Mac but didn't feel like swapping hardware since I figured Mac support would be right around the corner. 

I have been checking vzam.net regularly with no new news on support from their website.  I am also wondering when support for the new 4G modems finally comes to the Mac, will it be 32-bit only?  Personally I think VZAccess Manager is a piece of junk and I prefer using the built in Network Preferences but if Verizon released a 64-bit version of VZAM that's compatible with the 4G modems for Mac I would be satisfied. Even a 32-bit version that supports the 4G modems on Mac might even shut me up at this point.

I really hope someone can shed some light on this subject since Verizon has been pretty much silent since these 4G modems were launched.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ETA on official Mac support of LG VL600
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

zerohorn wrote:

Does anyone have an idea when Mac support will be available for the LG VL600.  We got the LG-VL600 the day it was available but haven't been able to use it on our MacBookPros because there is no Mac support available.  I know there is an easy way (ihack) to get the Pantech UML290 to connect to the 4G network on the Mac but didn't feel like swapping hardware since I figured Mac support would be right around the corner. 

I have been checking vzam.net regularly with no new news on support from their website.  I am also wondering when support for the new 4G modems finally comes to the Mac, will it be 32-bit only?  Personally I think VZAccess Manager is a piece of junk and I prefer using the built in Network Preferences but if Verizon released a 64-bit version of VZAM that's compatible with the 4G modems for Mac I would be satisfied. Even a 32-bit version that supports the 4G modems on Mac might even shut me up at this point.

I really hope someone can shed some light on this subject since Verizon has been pretty much silent since these 4G modems were launched.

I read somewhere winter 2011

0 Likes
zerohorn

Any news or update from the Verizon employees that monitor the boards?

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time we don't have any information regarding the feature. If it comes available we will be sure to post the information. You can also get updates regarding our services at the link below.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

0 Likes
zerohorn

Thank you for the response.  This came across my news feed earlier this week.  It looks like a Verizon spokesperson told PhoneScope some time in February Mac support will be available for the LTE modems.  Let's hope it includes both 32-bit and 64-bit. 

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=7380

0 Likes