Droid 4 Slow 4G and Disconnects (Richmond VA area)
msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Droid 4 and it constantly bounces between 4g, 3g, and at times 1x and even when in 4g service area its extremely slow compared to my friend's Galaxy S 3 on Sprint. We both downloaded the same file and his phone downloaded it in about 45 seconds compared to about 2 minutes on my phone while in 4g. I tried going in airplane mode and then turning it off and it will go into 4g for a little while and then bounces back to know data signal or 3g. I also tried turning the phone off, soft reset, and my last option was the factory reset which didnt improve anything. I do still have the unlimited data plan and I use quite a bit of data listening to streaming radio while Im at work. Im running out of options here, my next step is to terminate my service and go to Sprint which is much cheaper and from what I see much faster as well. I don't understand why Im paying top dollar for mediocre service. If I find out that my service is being throttled Im parting ways with Verizon immediately! Any suggestions or possible apps to restore the speed that I should be experiencing from "Verizon 4G LTE, America's largest 4G LTE" network?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Slow 4G and Disconnects (Richmond VA area)
msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just measured my 4g data connection and it is horrible. The signal is completely full and the speeds are 0.38 mbps for downloads and 2.64 mbps for uploads. This is terrible!

0 Likes