Data Service WHERE IS IT????
m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in El Paso Texas, a borderland City.  

The frustration is that Mexico put up towers at multiple new sites creating the interference, with the Verizon US tower.  El Pasosns are frustrated, but because the Verizon Director of Communications, Steve Van Dinter, said they were working with the FCC fits resolution. KFOX TV, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.  Story by David Cross.

This has been going on since before August 21, 2019.  I have no 3g our 4g, I barely have one bar that I'm working with and sometimes more often then not, NO SERVICE!  I live North of I10, closer to our International Airport than the Border.

My bill is almost $200.00 per month.  I only agreed to that because Verizon was that very best, with coverage everywhere!  Now they are not even close to PCS or Cricket in El Paso.  And, my son just upgraded his cellphone and owes on it, so we can't just drop our service.

Verizon provided me a ticket number to escalate my situation, this is the first message I received.

"Free Verizon Msg: Your ticket is assigned and being worked. Thank you for your patience. Next update within 24hrs."

2nd message

Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details http://vzw.com/signalNE

A video so that I can get a box to better my signal.  First of all that does not help my situation in my car, because my car does not have WiFi!!! At home it will not work for me because you have to have a high speed internet and other major pieces, 

Thus is all a bandaid fix!!!  Not acceptable!!!!  If I were late on my payment, I bet Verizon would drop my family in a secon!!!!

This is all while, I continue to receive promotional upgrades to our phones.  So why would I upgrade from a 7plus to the X or better, if I can't even use the 200.00 service I'm already paying for?

Verizon step up!! You need to make this right for El Paso Texas, your customers!!!

Re: Data Service WHERE IS IT????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M541366, we do hear you loud and clear and know that having service is something that all of our customers deserve. The Network Extender is definitely a great option for home however, we know that customers also need that service on the go. Please know that we have not forgotten you and we are working diligently toward a permanent solution.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

LorenB,

Thank you for your response, we hope that this issue can be resolved very soon, and YES, please don't forget about us!!!

Please  continue to keep us updated, that way we know your still trying to fix the issue.

0 Likes
aj80
Enthusiast - Level 2

For two months we have been getting the repeated answer of "we are aware and we're working on it".  
Sorry, but no, your reply did not answer the question or provide any resolution.

m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, completely.  I have now downgraded my non-existent service, we have an iPhone 7 plus and a new iPhone 8 plus and we can't even use them here in El Paso.  

We are now in October and it's still down but the bill keeps coming in like clockwork!!  

Mexican cell towers are taking American cell towers' jobs, really
A cellular tower for mobile phones.

EL PASO, Texas - If you've noticed your cell phone hasn't been working properly as of late, Verizon officials say you're not imagining the problem.

A wireless carrier in Mexico just activated new cellular tower sites near the border -- and that's causing interference with Verizon cell sites in the El Paso area, resulting in dropped calls and slower data service for Verizon customers.

Verizon spokesman Steve Van Dinter told ABC-7 that the company is "doing everything we can to fix this." Those steps include discussions with the Federal Communications and the Mexican government.

In the meantime, Verizon said it has added capacity to its cellular network systems in the El Paso area in an attempt to lessen the impact of the interference.

0 Likes
m541366
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on since early August !! and still wireless! Mexico cellular network is problem for U.S. phone service, El Paso emergency responders

Vic Kolenc, El Paso TimesPublished 7:00 a.m. MT Sept. 20, 2019 | Updated 1:36 p.m. MT Sept. 22, 2019

Verizon has biggest problems with cross-border interference

The Mexican cellular network appears to have caused the biggest problems for Verizon Wireless, whose El Paso customers have experienced dropped calls and slow, or no data service in some areas since Altán Redes' launched its network in Juárez.

Verizon, the nation's largest wireless phone carrier, also has similar problems in the San Diego area, which also has been tied to Altán's network interference.

Officials from both Verizon and AT&T have been in contact with the FCC about the cross-border interference, spokespersons from both companies reported.

A Verizon store in East El Paso.Buy Photo

A Verizon store in East El Paso. (Photo: VIC KOLENC/EL PASO TIMES)

"Talks continue with the highest levels of the United States government, and our network team is making regular adjustments to the network to help mitigate the issue in the interim," Kate Jay, a Verizon spokesperson, said in an email.

"It's important to remember that people are still able to use their (mobile) devices," Jay said. "Interference really just impacts capacity, so we're most likely to hear from customers in areas where there's more network usage and/or more people." 

She encouraged Verizon customers with service problems to contact the company's customer service department.  

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963

0 Likes