DATA OVERAGE--TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE=SOMETHING IS WRONG ON YOUR END VERIZON
GinaDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ABSOLUTELY Am FED UP in  dealing with EXCESSIVE "overage" data fees. WE NEVER WENT OVER The ENTIRE Time being with VERIZON until MARCH OF THIS YEAR. That is when this NIGHTMARE began. SORRY, but I've spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone with Verizon Tech to NO AVAIL AND EVEN TOLD THAT SOMEONE WAS USING OUR DATA, THEY HAD THE IP ADDRESS AND ALL BUT YET WILL NOTTT CREDIT MY ACCOUNT??? Now we've got it "Hidden" and changed the password (HOME FUSION INTERNET IS WHAT I'm REFERRING TO). DONE it ALL INCLUDING NOTHING IS "AUTOMATIC" such as UPDATES. EXAMPLE: June 16th was first day of THIS billing CYCLE.. WE WERE NOT HOME AND I TURNED THE BOX OFF (yes I am turning it OFF unless someone needs to use it, INCLUDING ITS OFF ALLLLLL NIGHT LONG YET GET TONS OF DATA USED AND THE BOX IS OFF? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THAT ONE FOR ME? ) ... ON JUNE 16th ALMOST NINE GB OF DATA WAS USED? BOX OFF AND NOONE HOME ???? CAN YA EXPLAIN THAT? I have had it with this mess. TO HAVE BEEN WITH VERIZON With a steady bill of $380 ish for 5 cells (2 with data), home phone, home fusion FOR IT TO SUDDENLY JUMP TO $1000+ starting in March--- I KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE AND IF VERIZON APPRECIATES ITS CUSTOMERS, IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE YALL WOULD RESOLVE WHATEVER THIS ISSUE IS. IT IS VERY APPARENT THIS IS A VERIZON ISSUE--Likely with the FIOS change? or the SHARE EVERYTHING upgrade --CAUSE THAT's WHEN THIS STARTED FOR ME.... IF ANYONE GETS AN EXPLANATION OR CREDIT FOR DATA THAT WE HAVE NOTTTTTTT USED, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU....... WAITING ON A VERIZON REP TO LISTEN TO ME HERE.....My husband has given me SEVEN days and he's going to go DISCONNECT everything and switch to ATT. I don't wanna do that crap, been SATISFIED With VERIZON SERVICE UNTIL MARCH WHEN WE STARTED GETTING THESE HIDIOUS AMOUNTS OF "OVERAGE" on DATA on our HOME FUSION. I AM TURNING THIS BOX OFF DAY/NIGHT AND ITS STILL CHARGING DATA. I've INTENTIONALLY kept this BOX OFF This billing CYCLE JUST TO SEE FOR MYSELF, STILL SAYING WE WENT OVER BY 20 GB's, TOTALLYYYYY IMPOSSIBLE... WE DO NOT HAVE CONNECTION TO OUR TV, WE LIVE WAY OUT IN THE WOODS FOR THAT CRAP ANYWAY. WE WATCH TV ON THE TV NOT ON A CELL AND CERTAINLY NOT ON A COMPUTER. I NEED A VERIZON REP TO FIX THIS ASAPPPPPPP????????? I'll be waiting..Not wasting ANYMORE of my time. AFTER COUNTLESS HOURS ON THE PHONE WTH TECH SUPPORT, They  ADMITTED someone was using our Data yet WONT REFUND IT? NOW, I've shut the BOX OFF THIS MONTH And STILL SAYING 20 GB over. NOONE CAN ANSWER ME? NOONE CAN RESOLVE THIS? Our monthly bill has been/always was around $380ish per month and now its up to $1,000=? Now, ya see, THERE IS DEFINITELY A PROBLEM? PLZ FIX THIS,... ASAP..

Labels (1)
Re: DATA OVERAGE--TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE=SOMETHING IS WRONG ON YOUR END VERIZON
kbinmaine

Easiest thing to do is to change your number. Or cancel your phone thats using all the data. 20gbs is a lot of data. I cant believe Verizon wont just offer you another phone and close the one using the data. Another thing you can do is get unlimited data

0 Likes
Re: DATA OVERAGE--TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE=SOMETHING IS WRONG ON YOUR END VERIZON
GinaDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its NOT a cell phone. Its HOME FUSION INTERNET. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM TIL March. But THEY'VE done  DIAMOND TICKET AND I HAVEN'T RECVD A 50% YET AND WE R HALFWAY THRU THE BILLING CYCLE.. I SURE HOPE THEY FIGURE IT OUT. LOOKS LIKE THEY MAY HAVE BASED ON NO 50% ALERT YET WHEN WE WOULD HAVE THAT WITHIN 1-3 DAYS...

Gina  Smiley Happy  O:)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GinaDS
Enthusiast - Level 3

And they do not Offer UNLIMITED DATATHE HIGHEST PACKAGE IS 30 GB A MONTH FOR $120 WHEN I COULD BE PAYING $50/MTH IF I HAD ATT DSL WITH 300 FB/MTH BUT NOT AVAILABLE IN MY AREA. THIS IS WHY THEY DO THIS CAUSE THEY KNOW PEOPLE CANT GET INTERNET SERVICE IN RURAL AREAS. BUT IM WAITING ON WINDSTREAMTHEY R 8 MILES FROM MY HOME NOW!!! 200 GB/MTH FOR $70/MTH!!!

GinaDS Smiley Happy O:)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Eshaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Once again, if you read these community posts, you will find that there are no real answers here.  Hence I might as well add in my 2 cents as yet one more customer posting the same, VERIZON problem.  How did we use 16gb of data in less than 10 days after upgrading our phones and signing up for another two years. I have only gone over 2 times in 2 years and it was by less than 3 gb to my 16gb contract.   I checked our data usage and it is our jetpack that is causing the issue.  We have checked to see what is connected and it is only my wife's computer.  Everything else is shut off.  Here is my advise.  Cancel Verizon and refuse to pay their overages on blatant and illegal billing practices.  When they post to your credit rating, challenge them with your lawyer Smiley Happy  Cheers to all