Congestion in Western Albemarle Virginia
thorsent

Hi,

Anyone else experiencing congestion in Crozet Virginia (zip 22932). We've been on Verizon wireless for over a year. Everything was great until early this year when speeds began degrading, from ~5mbps down to under .5. Late at night speeds are back up to 5mbps. Customer service just says sorry, that we're a poor quality area. We even have a Verizon store here. I went in to ask about this and they said that they switch over to wifi when they get into the store because the service is so bad in our area. I've run traceroute tests and it's definitely tower congestion because it gaps at the first hop.

I don't even know who to talk to or what to ask them to do. Please add another tower?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Congestion in Western Albemarle Virginia
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thorsent, we always want you having the service that you need. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you experiencing issues with calls or text? Do you notice a change of data speed when outdoors?

As to towers, we are always looking to add to the network. Should you know of anyone interested in using their land for a tower, simply have them reach out via http://spr.ly/65848q6tQ

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thorsent

No problems with calls or text. I have LTE signal on my phone and usually 3

or 4 bars. My upload speeds are also fine. Right now for instance (7/9/17

3:38pm EST) I'm getting .20mb download speeds but 2mb upload speeds.

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thorsent, we know that having steady service is the goal and would like to take a closer look. Please respond to the Private Message that I have sent so that we may dig in.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thorsent

Hi Loren,

I never heard back from you. It would be really great to know if Verizon has any plans to add capacity in our area.

0 Likes