Cell Service terrible in MetroCenter Nashville. Can't hold conversation on phone without dropping calls more often than not. Also, good luck browsing social media at all. Who do I contact to fix this?
TypeSL2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly as the title states.  Very poor cell service in MetroCenter Nashville.  4G drops out and switches to 3G and then 1x.  Makes it very difficult to send text messages, especially Mulitmedia Messages, and also very difficult to browse any social media or make phone calls.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell Service terrible in MetroCenter Nashville. Can't hold conversation on phone without dropping calls more often than not. Also, good luck browsing social media at all. Who do I contact to fix this?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do you know if any other Verizon customers are experiencing an issue with their service?

0 Likes
Re: Cell Service terrible in MetroCenter Nashville.  Can't hold conversation on phone without dropping calls more often than not.  Also, good luck browsing social media at all.  Who do I contact to fix this?
TypeSL2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Everyone at my work that is on Verizon has been having trouble for weeks.  I was hoping it would be fixed when I came back from vacation, but it wasn't. 

0 Likes
Re: Cell Service terrible in MetroCenter Nashville.  Can't hold conversation on phone without dropping calls more often than not.  Also, good luck browsing social media at all.  Who do I contact to fix this?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is this inside or outside the building? What's the zip code?

0 Likes
TypeSL2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both. Service is just as bad inside our break room as it is outside behind the shop, or even on the sidewalk in front of the building.  37228

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I haven't seen any others on here in your area reporting a problem, which means it could be that some construction near the tower has gone on, or around the area that is causing interference.

Something you could do is contact Verizon via chat to find out if there might be some outage in the area:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

Scroll down for chat.

It might just be the new normal for that area, especially if people other than you are experiencing it, but it can't hurt to have a quick chat just to verify.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to have the best possible service TypeSL2! Everything look good over here. I know we cannot guarantee services in buildings due to structure. How far do you have to go in order for it to get better? Does it work at home?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Cell Service terrible in MetroCenter Nashville. Can't hold conversation on phone without dropping calls more often than not. Also, good luck browsing social media at all. Who do I contact to fix this?
peregrinefalcon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work south of downtown Nashville, zip 37220. I have noticed a drop in call performance, 3G & 4G data, and messaging. I was able to hold a call in most places, but now I am without signal more than I have it. The coverage map shows nothing less than 3G where I am, but there are areas where I have ZERO signal or data. No tall buildings here. As a matter of fact, where I work, there are only 5 buildings for over 1,000 acres.

0 Likes
TypeSL2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I typically have 1 bar of service at my house.  My co-workers that have trouble at work do not have trouble at home.  At work, the signal doesn't get any better by going outside.  I could be on the sidewalk with a wide open view all around, i.e. no sky scrapers or other obstructions, and get 1 bar of 4g or less.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

1 bar of 4G should be enough to do things. I typically only have 1 to 2 bars all over my city and never have had issues. It's when you drop down to 3G that is the problem.

0 Likes