Cary, NC 4G-LTE
tbolt1234

Hi,

So I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and I have for about a year and a few months, anyways 4G-LTE just reently has slowed down to below 3G speeds, like 1mbps-200kbps, and I was wondering if this could be a problem with my phone or if it is a problem with the network itself thanks for the response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cary, NC 4G-LTE
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I had similar issues in Garner a couple days ago but seems to be back to the usual speeds now.  May be working on the towers or something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, tbolt1234-

I'm sorry to learn the 4G speeds have been slow for you. That is obviously the largest benefit of the LTE network, so I want to see this working properly for you. Are the speeds slow in a particular area or location like home? I suggest removing the battery and SIM card from the device (begin with the phone powered on), leave out for 20 seconds, then reboot the device once the battery and SIM card are back in. You should then see an increase in speeds. Keep me posted.

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having similar problems west of Charlotte, NC. Using a UML290 modem for about 1.5 years. I had settled to the point where I was averaging 11M up and down and suddenly I'm lucky to get 3M down. I've been through Sprint, Millenicom, now VZW, 6 or 7 antennas/gids/yagis and several modems over the last 4 years so I've become a wireless data expert in self defense. I mention this because when I call support, they only want to troubleshoot my end even though nothing changes (other than firmware).

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have to eat my words, My son was telling me that a tree in our front yard that had really grown this year might be the problem and I was ingnoring him because I read that LTE was less sensitive to obstuctions that EVDO. He whacked half the tree yesterday and I've gone from unsuable to 14 down/10 up today. Sorry VZW.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

It wasnt a tree lte can go right though a tree lol. my guess is vzw was working on it or was network.

0 Likes
mc1lean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'd read that too, I had ignored my son about it affecting me. Its a huge Mulberry, very thick growth. Also, the change was immediate, lousy RSSI, speeds, LTE SINR, Cut off the branches and RSSI 'up' 10 DB, LTE SINR up 10 whatever that measurement is, speed as good as I've ever received.

I was amazed myself.

0 Likes