Can you hear me now?? NO I CANT
Lindseymblakeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Sprint to Verizon about 9 months go. I thought that the poor coverage and inability to use my new phone (LG G2) in my own home was a fluke, it'd take some time to get acclimated in my new area (I'm an optimist). Optimist no more!! Not only can I STILL not use my phone in my own home(Overland Park, KS), I drop calls all over Kansas City. Then last week I took a road trip to Houston, TX, dropping service left and right. I won't receive text messages randomly or it won't send text messages or it will send them repeatedly but tell me it didn't go through.

When I go to the store, they say to call. I call, and I'm on hold for over 20 minutes with no help. I look all over the site and there's nothing about Coverage Issues (at least nothing that doesn't require hours of searching).

I'm so frustrated right now and am embarrassed for Verizon. I had Verizon in 2002 and could not top bragging about it! Best coverage! So good, people borrowed MY phone to make calls. Now, I'm having to borrow other people's Sprint and TMobile phones to use (just sad).

Can someone PLEASE HELP. I need to use my phone.

Labels (1)
Re: Can you hear me now?? NO I CANT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Lindseymblakeman. Sorry to hear about the reception issues you're experiencing. Let's see what we can do to help out! To start, what is your home zip code? Do the reception issues primarily occur inside your home, or are they also experienced while outdoors? Please provide us with these details so we may assist. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lindseymblakeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Home zip is: 66212

I cannot make any calls while in my house, if I sit on the back deck (west) I have about a 65% chance of holding a call for half hour or so before dropping, if I sit in the street (east)  about 75% rate. Texts will send about 30% of the time in the house, 75% outdoors. Text generally do not start consistently coming through till I'm at least a mile+ from my home, but there are several I've never received at all which people show me they sent. Most calls go straight to voicemail or ring once or twice then go to voicemail (via callers).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lindseymblakeman,

Thank you very much for those details. The area should have great coverage. After traveling to all of those places it sounds like there may be an issue going on within the phone itself. Have you had the SIM card replaced at all? It can do wonders for reception! All of our Direct Store locations can give you a new SIM card free of charge. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes