Gwoody

Not that I can find out.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone

0 Likes
Re: Can't sync mail over 4G.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Gwoody,

Thanks to the community for your input. Personally, I use two email accounts on my phone, and it's great to get email on the go. I want to resolve this for you ASAP.

This is not a known issue with the Rezound. What type of email are you using with your device? Your post didn't mention which model phone you are using; however, the other comments indicate a Rezound.

Does the email sync over 3G, just not 4G? Pls try changing the setting from 4G to 3G if you want to try to sync it on 3G. If you do have a Rezound, here are the steps:

Menu
Settings
Wireless & Networks
Mobile Networks
Network Mode
Choose CDMA Only

Then try to sync. In order to turn back on the 4G, follow the same steps except for the last one, and choose LTE/CDMA.

Please let me know these additional details, so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks in advance!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Gwoody

I'm using an HTC Thunderbolt for a year now and was fine till June 6. Yes it will sync on 3G or wifi and I know how to do all that but I shouldn't have to and it was working fine. I'm using the email program that comes in the operating system, but I've tried others too. Why will Google mail sync on 4G?

0 Likes
davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just started a new thread about this today, a few minutes ago, before i saw this thread.  It's under ANDROID DISCUSSIONS, and is entitled "Thunderbolt - will not download Comcast POP3 email on 4G LTE but will on 3G" if you want to see all the symptoms.

But my issue is similar, and I have multiple accounts, IMAP, POP3, Gmail.  Only Comcast POP3 accounts, only receiving emails issues, and only on 4G.  Immediately works when switched to 3G.

I have a suspicion that mine started when the phone software was updated OTA.  But I can't swear to it because I didn't track the timeline.

I also tried deleting accounts and re-inserting, a whole bunch of troubleshooting but to no avail.  I have recently ordered a Rezound but am doubtful that the phone switch will cure the problem.  I didn't buy it for the email issues, but if it fixed the problem that would be bonus.

0 Likes
Gwoody

I too had an update but I know for a fact that mail worked for 2 weeks after that. Something is different with the LTE network from June

6. I sent mail normally the night of the 5th and shut phone off.

0 Likes
davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gwoody, it's Interesting that you, in an earlier post, said that you were in Baltimore.  I am in the Pasadena area and travel to Elkridge every day just outside Baltimore.  Is it possibly something to do with the 4G in this area?  Thanks for confirming that you too had good settings until recently, makes me feel not so alone.

Not that anyone from VerizonWireless has resolved this, but could you imagine trying to get a solution from Comcast?

0 Likes
Southern

I just purchased my 4GLG the 22nd of May, spent 3 days without email, Sunday spend 2 hrs. at the Verizon in the mall to get it working, only to have 2 emails come in and was told it was now fixed and the others would come.  Needless to say the next day I called for Tech support and spent another 2 hours with 2 techs.  I ended up with one of the Techs downloading K9 mail service as the LG does have problems with Comcast e-mail (although it worked fine for about a week).  Now the messages do not regularly sync, so I have to request new email.  Frustrating for someone who relies on this for work and rapid response.

0 Likes
davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read a lot of threads where people are having problems syncing with Comcast mail servers on Droid system phones.  For me I've never had a problem until recently and only when the phone indicates being connected on 4G.

0 Likes
davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my new phone in the mail (HTC Rezound) but haven't had a chance to sit down with it yet to charge it, activate it, and input all my account data.  I'll post back afterwards to update folks in this thread as to whether my Comcast accounts begin to work again with the new phone.

0 Likes
davemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

For gwoody and anyone else following this discussion.  I am working in York, PA today and decided to test this whole thing from this location.  It worked perfectly.

So add this to the equation, it definitely has something to do with the current location of the 4G network.  I tested this problem this morning in Baltimore and it still wasn't working.  In York, 95 miles away, it works.

Verizon Wireless, can you please comment and state what you are looking into if anything?

0 Likes