Re: 4G not that fast / slow service in New York City
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot speak for the Conneticut/NJ areas, but if you are primarily concerned with NYC...unless by miracle, VZ gives a roadmap or any real indications that the capacity issues are being addressed in NYC, I suggest ATT (or TMO/Sprint are even better...if NYC is your only concern).  See this post https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/981079#981079

0 Likes
mc_365
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the late response but my data doesn't work well during the day when I'm at work so I didn't see the email from you. I had a Rezound from the day it launched in November 2011 and it worked great in midtown for the first 6 months then in April 2012 the service started declining. I now have a DNA and I basically have intermittent slow service during 9 to 5. But I work long hours so I see the service starts to pick up around 4pm then it gets consistent around 6pm.

So basically I'm paying for terrible service because VZW, is extorting me with threats of early termination charges, and negative credit report claims.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gutterstink, congratulations on your upgrade to a new Moto X device. We're so excited for you. It's our goal to keep you connected where ever you go! However, service can be tricky indoors sometimes. Did you power your device off/on to soft reset it? Are you still experiencing this service issue? Keep us posted. We're here to help you.

Your satisfaction is so important to us. You have a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you to return or exchange your device for any reason. Please be advised that your device has to be in like new condition and be returned with the original packaging and accessories that came with it.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thefloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Precisely. Millions of PAYING customers in a densely populated area. Millions of dollars rolling in, from business customers, standard retail customers, and pre-paid customers.

Are you saying that it's acceptable to collect the millions of dollars they're getting from all of those people in exchange for lackluster - or in this case, just plain useless service? If so, let send you my address so you can start sending me monthly checks in exchange for nothing.

The amount of money the people in NYC are paying Verizon is enormous. If they can't fix the service, or at least respond with a real and detailed timeline for the fixes they should be refunding people for service they aren't getting. Plain and simple.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mc_365,

Thanks for the additional information. I absolutely want to make sure that you experience the excellent service that you pay for and ultimately deserve.  I would like to review your account in detail and possibly file a ticket with our network repair team. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password.

Visit http://vz.to/17zF2vO for steps on how to send a DM.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/981079#981079

Been there, done that, same area.  This is truly up to VZW to acknowledge at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the best network performance thefloyd! What specific difficulties are you having? What make and model device? Are you experiencing challenges in more than one area? Is this limited to data?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
thefloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Specific difficulty: transferring any data.

Device make/model: many. Currently Droid MAXX, formerly Droid RAZR MAXX HD, and before that Samsung Galaxy S3 and before that Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Area: anywhere in New York City (Manhattan). Start in zipcode 10019 and work from there

Limited to data: yes. I can make phone calls. If I'm lucky enough for my device to fail over to 3G I get data service. I do not get any usable data when on LTE. Mail clients hang. Web pages don't load. Can't even run a speedtest.

0 Likes
Gutterstink

This is from Nik working in and around Grand central NYC station , have a moto x device purchases for the labour weekend.

I can barely get my data up(neither 4g,3g or 1x work) and running here around this area. my Smart phone is as good as a basic phone while working , the moment i get out of NYC my data comes back to life.

I find it difficult to place calls too here , i have reported this issue to customer care, they came back saying there is a network improvement in progress but nothing seems to happen .. can you please let us know of the timelines for network improvement.

0 Likes