Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
documof

I have a thunderbolt and I'm still dropping data throughout the day. I'll have nothing, then go 1x, then 3g for an hour, then 4g for a while, then it all drops again.

This is very frustrating!

0 Likes
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my iPhone yesterday, which replaced the Droid Bionic. This morning when I came into work I did not lose the data connection like I did with the Bionic. I work downtown DC and when I had the Bionic, I was not able to get a data connection (4G, 3G, or even 1x). With the iPhone I had no issues.

0 Likes
WiFiGuy

Still down in Stillwater, OK.

Funny thing is, it has full bars for a few seconds. There is a very hot -45dB signal and mediocre 7dB SNR. That is enough to have a decent connection. Not the best, but it should work.

Local rep said it should be Monday, but who actually knows. They said it will be "on and off" for a few days while upgrades are being added. I was under the impression that they are fixing things, not adding.

Logs just show a simple "Failed to connect".

Hope they fix it soon, 3G can be slow here. I mainly use it for business purposes.

0 Likes
shianne

i lost 3g and 4g service on thursday eveningin fort lauderdale. still isn't back up. got my first smart phone and now can'y use it unless i am in a wifi area.  verizon still says the network in fort lauderdale shows no outages but they can find nothing wrong with my phone or hubby's.  co worker was getting only 1x today too.  sonds like a network issue to me

0 Likes
mimbrena
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to thank you for your posting. It was the only useable info I found during this issue. Everything else was about fixing the phone which we now know was a waste of time. I am frustrated that Verizon wasn't more forthcoming with us and their Techs when all any of us wanted was information and all I got was denial that I was having problems with my 3G.

So, again, thank you.

Namaste,

lp

>

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

WiFiGuy: I haven't noticed a 4G outage in Stillwater recently. Is it working for you now, and what device?

BTW, I've been told the same "towers are being upgraded" storyline just about every time I report an outage to the local VZW store.

0 Likes
mimbrena
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't noticed any phone problems in the past couple of days. I am on a Droid galaxy s and only 3G. There is a Verizon tower on to of a hill overlooking the valley where I live, about 8 mi away, but I still only get 1 bar (I think that is "1x"?) with an occasional brief bounce to 2. There is a lot of copper in the hills so I wondered if that has an effect

I checked into Sprint but they don't admit to any service here. Their tower is on the other side of the mountains with the copper in them.

We had had Satellite internet problems for most of the time school was out. We have intermittent connection drops anyway so I was pretty sure it was due to volume and not enough band for our increasing internet usage in our area. Our Portal is in Wyoming and bad weather there affects us here. I expected to hear there was a similar problem with Verizon but then all the community chatter was about Tech rebooting phones and I was not at all prepared for that.

I suppose you still aren't getting help/info from Tech/Web inquiries? I did expect better from the VZW- Corp.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
reb98

I work in Information Technology at my company.  When there is any issue at all, there are people immediately addressing the problem.   When Verizon charges so much money for their services, and advertise the so-called great 4G connection across the nation, with a huge map showing red dots practically filling up the nation, I expect the service to work.  I expect to get what has been advertised to be received by me for the cost of the product I have purchased.  I would like Verizon to provide discounts to those who have had to deal with the service interruptions of the 4G network that we bought a particular very expensive phone to use it with.   I think VZW needs to outsource and hire network techicians and developers that are able to get in there and fix their IT issues, whatever they are.  Hire Sogetti, hire IBM, get some Sprint folks whatever it takes.  I will be a non VZW customer once my contract is up.  Or better yet, if I can't get the service I need, may just buy out the contract and say good-bye Verizon!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I don't think so.  Verizon has already addressed the problem MULTIPLE times during the first outage and the last 2 were from similar problems. 

0 Likes
WiFiGuy

I'll check in the morning when I am back in Stillwater. Last time I checked was yesterday at the Lakeview Aspen Coffee. It refused to work on 4G. 3G does work.

I am using a Novatel 4510 MiFi. I never had the issues others had with it. Always been rock solid.

The local store confirmed the outage, but it could depend on the section of town and tower.

Thanks!

0 Likes