Re: 4G Markets in WV
ccsears1981

I have the Samsung S3 and as of Tuesday I have had 4G LTE singal from Sabraton all the way to Star City.  I would try restarting the phone to see if it picks up the tower if not give tech support a call or go to the VZW store.

0 Likes
lauram

I'd like to help. Please email your phone # to me at laura.merritt@verizonwireless.com and we'll take a look.

0 Likes
lauram

Thanks for directing folks to me. My email address is laura.merritt@verizonwireless.com. Whether you are having issues or just happy to have 4G LTE in Morgantown, I'm all ears. Thanks.

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Laura how about the rest of West Virginia? Can we see any expansion here in the mountain state? I love my Galaxy S3 when im up in motown or out of town working but when your only getting 1x at your house and gotta switch on wifi to get anything done is deff a bummer especially when your bill is $115.00 dollars a month.

0 Likes
lauram

Believe me, WV is a priority for our network team. They’re working hard to roll out 4G LTE to everywhere we have 3G today and, in some cases (like Morgantown) where we haven’t had service before. I can’t provide a specific timeframe at this point but we should have 4G LTE everywhere we have 3G within the next year. In some cases, we do not hold a license to operate so we don’t have an opportunity to build out our voice and 3G in those markets. But, I know in at least one location, we will be offering 4G LTE to folks in the short term and Voice over LTE down the road.

0 Likes
DroidRoot

Got a flash of 4g in Clarksburg, WV around 6:00 PM on 11/27/12!  Was about a year ago this started with 3g, and we got it in the end of December.

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

4g is live in Clarksburg!! Verizon hasn't officially announced it yet but the area has solid coverage, initial speed test are showing on average 25-30 Mbs down and 8-10 Mbs up so its crazy fast!!!

0 Likes
Kacta1344

I'm excited about the 4g launch in Morgantown and its even better now that its taking place in Clarksburg. But does anyone know about Fairmont, WV?  Its right in the middle and along I-79 and where I spend most of my time. I have the Razr Maxx and would love to use it at its full potential. Also I know that was issues in the past with Verizon getting permission to service the area in the past, is that still in effect?

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kacta1344, my guess would be its in the "works" there is probably a license issue with Marion County it's a good idea to check with Verizon Wireless in the meadowbrooke mall they have been a good source of info for me in the past, just make sure you speak to a supervisor and not some high school kid. You can also email Laura Merritt her email address can be found in this discussion. And get as many people involved as you can I send email a couple times a week about service in my area.

0 Likes
oilfieldmudman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no native verizon wireless coverage east on I79 towards Buckhannon and Elkins!! Will this area ever get blessed with native coverage or Rely on Us Cellular to pick up the slack for UNUSABLE 1x data rates? Verizon has down right neglected this area forever and I don't see any change in the future, so goodbye Verizon Hello Us Cellular or AT&T.

0 Likes