4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)?
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there, on 02/08/16 the service in Fredonia, NY changed dramatically.  It went from having strong 4G LTE coverage downtown (let's call it the intersection of Main St & Water St) to having almost no coverage whatsoever.  The only data available is now 3G (which is horrendously slow) and 1X for stuff like text and voice.  Often, the 3G signal will drop out as well.  When I called, I was told that there were no changes and no issues -- this is clearly untrue because service doesn't just change that dramatically.  If I don't get a resolution in the next few days, I'm going to start approaching community authorities who have more sway than I do.  I doubt they'll appreciate Verizon being deceitful with the local market.

Anyone else in the area have this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

diversification,

Thank you for reaching out via our Community forums. We know how important reliable service is to our valued customers and would love to pinpoint what's causing your troubles today.

Have you had a chance to speak with any friends or family members in the area? Are they experiencing the same issue? Does service improve outside of Fredonia?

Please share a few more details so we can better assist. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)?
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have had friends and family test it.  They have noticed the same issues, and can replicate my experience exactly when testing the affected areas. However, it does appear that service is still available in certain areas -- when one moves north / northwest a few miles, the 4G service appears to return, albeit less reliably than prior to this past Monday.  We have not had a chance to do more extensive testing, of the area at large, but the heavily trafficked area of downtown Fredonia is most definitely affected, which is a major issue.  If this issue continues, you can bet that there will be a major uproar when the next large event comes to the parks, downtown.

0 Likes
Re: Re: 4G LTE coverage failing - Fredonia, NY 14063 (area code 716)?
diversification
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Did you guys do something?  The service appears to have returned to its previous state.  Could you tell me what was wrong?  Just curious, and would like a bit of extra info to tell my friends and family.

Thanks

0 Likes