Re: 4G LTE Speed Issues
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

It disappoints me to hear about your experience. We always want your service to be fast and reliable. Thank you for providing the helpful details Bill. I am not finding any reports in that Zip Code, it looks good. Not to worry, I'll be happy to help and look into this for you. Please check your Inbox for my Private Message.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BONARM16

I have been having an issue with 4G service in zip code 36875 as well. I have always had great speed until the last month or so. It is almost unusable even though the 4G icon is still present in the notification bar. I live approximately 1-2 miles from a verizon tower

and have never had issues prior to this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONARM16, we want to ensure your speeds are working as intended. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. I'm not showing any issues in Phenix City, AL. There's been no tickets in that area in the last month. Are you having these issues everywhere in this zip code? What plan are you on? Also, please upload a screenshot of your speedtest.net results so we can get a closer look at what you're experiencing.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHUABILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Throw 44615 (carrollton Ohio) in the ring of terrible data speeds by Verizon.

.6 down on a good day on average.

issues definetly started for us around Februaryish March time. Speeds used to be 10 down 6 to 10 up before the unlimited plan was rolled out.

We switched to unlimited sometime in April hoping that'd help, speeds only got worse.

Definitely a bandwidth service issue as I have ok speeds from 12 am till 8 am. 3 down 6 up during those times......

Verizon was unwilling to admit fault and fix the problem by buying more bandwidth when I called multiple times.

When confronted with the problem they blamed it on the leaves on the trees blocking the signal ( no leaves on the trees when they said that)

i want this fixed ASAP

www.bbb.org is my next step along with some friends

0 Likes
RAGERMAN01

Good evening,

You can add 56093 to the "unsatisfied customer" area. I had exceptional data service up until I switched to the Unlimited Plan. Then it went south in a hurry. I had the Galaxy S6 Edge+ when everything slowed down... And the guy at the Verizon store was adamant it was a problem with my phone... And talked me into upgrading to the S8 Plus. It immediately became worse. I now download at between .1 and .4 mps.. Up until about midnight... Then it'll go up to about 3-4 mps. I work evenings and rely on my phone very much... It has become unusable.

I've called the Verizon store several times... Each time I've been told that Verizon is working on the towers... Same excuse for the last  4 months.

It's extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ragerman01, having the service you need is always the goal. We are sorry to hear that this has not been your recent experience. Are you experiencing issues with calls or text at this location? Do you notice any change in that data speed when outdoors? Other than a change in plan, have there been any new apps, games or software added to the phone?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ThatTallWeeWoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently having trouble with this myself cannot go advanced LTE and call out or text out the rep that looked at it said this is the problem now it doesn't have advanced and the speed is irking me

0 Likes
RAGERMAN01

Thanks for your reply... I've learned that there are only 2 towers in my area code... And with everyone switching to Unlimited plans... The towers are swamped to the point of uselessness. I have no data from about noon until about midnight. The Verizon techs that I've spoken to have told me there is nothing I can do but switch carriers to receive better service in my area. So I'm stuck with an $800 paperweight.

Unacceptable and beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Are you on an Unlimited plan? If so, which one, GoUnlimited or Beyond Unlimited? You might try either Beyond Unlimited, or a Limited plan.

0 Likes
PANDIMUS

93551/93523, I am not on an unlimited data plan, my speeds have constantly just kept getting slower and slower. Seriously considering changing.. I mean whats really the difference, not being able to use my verizon plan, or not being able to use my cheaper competitor plan? Just did a speed test on my pixel 2 on 4glte 1.91, 2.06, 2.89, 4.44... Its like my first dsl plan... Inconsistantly slow....

0 Likes