Re: 4G LTE Speed Issues
amolly2727
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I have been with Verizon since 1998. I have never had an issue with connection speed or service coverage etc. A couple of weeks ago (I'm going to guess it was around the time that Verizon introduced the unlimited data plan, though I stayed on my 4GB plan) my speed has significantly decreased.

It feels like I'm in safety mode all the time, but I'm not. I have 3.96GB out of 4GB left this cycle. I actually decreased my data plan to 2GB because I don't want to pay for safety mode-like speed. This needs to be fixed or I am considering going to another service provider.

I am in 95476 zip code, I have a Droid Maxx by Motorola. I have used .04GB of my 4GB plan so far this billing cycle.

NATIMR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have had the same problem with my Jetpack since the unlimited plan came out. I use to get tremendous speeds now my speeds are very slow. I use this often when traveling and it use to be reliable, now I have to constantly make sure I have a backup connection. I've been with VZW for ~15yrs and have never had trouble before which is why I always maintained my loyalty......

0 Likes
JeepGirlFlorida
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going through the same thing and have spoke to and been to Verizon. I swear they are throttling us down now that the unlimited plan is out there. They refuse to admit that is happening.

NATIMR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree, I am nowhere near the 10gb mobile hotspot cap and my speeds have not been this slow since I had a 3g usb modem.

0 Likes
NATIMR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone out there using other carriers mobile hotspot devices that are happy with it?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can’t have you missing out on the speeds you need NATIMR42. What zip code are you having trouble in? How much data usage do you have for this current cycle?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NATIMR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.5gb on my Jetpack and ~9gb total 2 lines. Have never gone over 10gb and it has been slow since I signed up for the unlimited. It was much faster & more reliable when I was on the 5gb plan. Interesting the mobile hotspot on my phone is 3-4 times faster than the jetpack when I tested today.

0 Likes
fearsomehippy77

I have the same problem. So disappointed. Can't even use the jetpack because it is soooooo slow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get the speeds you deserve NATIMR42. When did you switch to the unlimited plan? What make/model jetpack are you using?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NATIMR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched back in March. I have the netgear Ac791l. I just used up my 10gb on that until the 7th though.....

0 Likes