4G LTE Speed Issues
OMGitsAroach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues with speed for about 2 to 3 weeks now. I seems to have happened around the time I upgraded to the "Unlimited Plan". I'm getting about .25 meg (quarter of a meg) up and down at best. I've taken multiple troubleshooting steps to make sure it's not an issue on my part or location/signal issues. Firmware is up to date. I'm a Network Engineer for a large telecommunications company so there's no need to bother with asking if I've done basic steps. I can't seem to find any issues and my problem appears to be possibly a bottleneck or rate shaping on the Verizon end.

As a side note, prior to my switching to the unlimited plan, I was getting roughly around 10 meg up and down very consistently, even at peak times. My speed issues now are pretty much all the time so it doesn't sounds like I'm being traffic shaped during peak hours.

This connection is very important to me, it's my only source of internet at home and I'm on call 24/7 for my company. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE Speed Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with all of these details regarding your background, as well as the steps that you have taken so far.  OMGitsAroach, I checked out the zip code you provided, but nothing came back trending out of the ordinary. Let's check out a few settings that can help out, and that I didn't see you mention. If you access Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Roaming > Data Roaming > Are you set to Data Roaming ON or OFF?  Any change with your service quality if you turn this feature ON or OFF, and then restart your phone?

Just in case, I have sent you a Follow request in case we need to go into a DM and review your account settings. Thank you,  OMGitsAroach. Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

btquick13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue since going to the new plan.  I guess they figure if you are slow all the time you cant use as much data!  SUCKS!

derekr_vzw
Verizon Employee

btquick13,

We want to make sure you can enjoy the best speeds possible. Let's work together to get you up to speed. What phone are you using? How many GBs have you used for this bill cycle?

DerekR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@OMGitsAroach

I do understand the need for speed when using your wireless device. Please allow me the opportunity to address your 4G LTE speed issue with you.

In what zip code are you experiencing slow speeds? What model phone do you have? Lastly, are there other Verizon Wireless devices on your plan experiencing the same problem?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
btquick13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Galaxy S5.  I have used 7.7 gigs this billing cycle.  Nothing has changed except switching to the new plan.  My zip code is 29596.  I used to be able to watch my directv and foxsports apps but now they are buffering and pixelated.  I just checked my download speed and it was right at 2 mbps, used to run around 8 mbps.

OMGitsAroach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 63755. I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus. This is the only phone from my plan in this location.

I can provide some additional information since I opened this thread. As stated above, I'm a Network Engineer for another telcom company. My company provides "last mile" fiber services for some Verizon towers in my area. I was in a hut at one of these towers doing some maintenance on the night of the 13th and did some testing. I was receiving around 30x30 meg. Mostly all of my problems were gone at that time.

Since then, I've went into my phone and "reset network connections" option and saw a small gain in speed but since has went back to the same normal speeds. I'm unable to stream videos on Facebook and it takes forever to load pictures in Facebook and Snapchat. Youtube is hit or miss. Sometimes it streams just okay (assuming they are low quality videos). Last night I streamed some "low quality" video on Netflix and didn't have any issues.

Seems to be a speed issue for sure. My question is why it just all of a sudden happen? About 3 weeks ago I was getting amazing speeds and never had issues streaming video or loading things. I had AT&T previously and swapped to Verizon specifically because of the amazing quality of the connection at my home.

Thanks,

Alex

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with all of these details regarding your background, as well as the steps that you have taken so far.  OMGitsAroach, I checked out the zip code you provided, but nothing came back trending out of the ordinary. Let's check out a few settings that can help out, and that I didn't see you mention. If you access Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Roaming > Data Roaming > Are you set to Data Roaming ON or OFF?  Any change with your service quality if you turn this feature ON or OFF, and then restart your phone?

Just in case, I have sent you a Follow request in case we need to go into a DM and review your account settings. Thank you,  OMGitsAroach. Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

OMGitsAroach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried both with no change in network speeds.

0 Likes
DiamondDogActual
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues on both my phone line and my jetpack, I'm a truck driver and have had this issue in several states most predominately in the last week. I use my data for gaming and it has made most of my online games unplayable. I'm using a Galaxy J1 and a MHS800L Ellipsis jetpack.

katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

@OMGitsAroach, thank you for checking both. With you being a Network Engineer and "on call", I understand needing your device speeds back to what you are used to. I would like to take a deeper look into this for you. Please check your inbox for a message.

Katrina

0 Likes